Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Action" pic of Tavor TAR-C21

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

"Action" pic of Tavor TAR-C21

Looks like it's actually out in the field now.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is that a guy posing as a woman in a burka (or whatever they call that body sack)?

Probably a terrorist trying to slip by. Good catch for the IDF.

Feedback Score
    I just saw the Tavor on Future Weapons on the Military Channel. The show

It looks very impressive. The host of the show seemed to be very impressed with it, and shot it very well.

Any idea if these will be importable to the USA?
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockster35
    I just saw the Tavor on Future Weapons on the Military Channel. The show

It looks very impressive. The host of the show seemed to be very impressed with it, and shot it very well.

Any idea if these will be importable to the USA?

Nope, the 1989 Bush Sr. Import Ban, which was an Executive Order, is still in effect.

There was some talk of Barrett tooling up to make enough components for these here in the USA to qualify as an American rifle, and therefore legal, but I don't think they got very far with that.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What was with Baldy making headshots at 300m from a standing position?

They said they'd test it's accuracy as a sniper rifle out to it's maximum intended range... It's maximum intended range is only 300m?

They kept talking about the MARS sight but all of the rifles inside the warehouse were wearing Trijicon Reflex sights.

The one they showed outside even had a mini ACOG behind the MARS. How odd was that and what would the point of that be?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I think they hiped it up a bit for the civilian types, hoping they wouldn't get caught on the 300m thing.

The mini ACOG appeared to be offset on the left to me. And I don't think that was a Trijicon Reflez, but it was somethign of the same design/idea.
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockster35
    Yeah, I think they hiped it up a bit for the civilian types, hoping they wouldn't get caught on the 300m thing.

The mini ACOG appeared to be offset on the left to me. And I don't think that was a Trijicon Reflez, but it was somethign of the same design/idea.
    That show does seem to go a bit overdramatic to hype things a bit. Maybe that optic was one of the Meprolight units? They look a lot like a Reflex.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, sorry, Meprolight M-21:

ETA: But, it's lens was coated differently and looked red like an Aimpoint's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    There was some talk of Barrett tooling up to make enough components for these here in the USA to qualify as an American rifle, and therefore legal, but I don't think they got very far with that.
    Rumor has it alot of companies have spoken with them about it, but IMI (or what ever they call themselves now) wants an insanely outrageous price for the production rights.

Keep in mind bullpups aren't open to the same regulations as most other rifles. I don't know how, but even the FN PS90 and FS2000 are built using imported receivers and a large number of imported parts.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well DUH!!! They don't have separate pistol grips and therefore don't meet the definition of a semi auto assault rifle- especially in the case of the PS90. It only has a few well placed holes. Even though the ban is over, Assault Rifle is still a class of rifle....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast