Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the Glock 9mm

Feedback Score

Why the Glock 9mm

I know its smaller that most Glocks but why the Glock 17 & 19 and know talk of the Glock 21,21Sf and others.I see Hackathorn has a 1911 on his side and its a 45ACp.Dont get me wrong I enjoy all LAV and Hacks videos and opinions.I even like the 9mm Glocks although I dont own one .The only Glock I own is the 21 SF which of course had a grip modification so I could get a better purchase on the weapon.Just would like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Here are some of LAV's own words on the subject.

.45 vs 9mm
    Larry Vickers: The debate is over - 9mm won
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    From what I've seen LAV and KH say, their thoughts are that Glocks were designed to be and are best suited as 9MM's. I have no reason to doubt their assumption and believe them that this is 100% accurate. Couple that with the popularity, ballistics, and economy of the 9MM NATO round and it's not hard to see why it's Glock's most popular caliber.

Most of my Glock's are 9MM (17/19/26's) and they are really fun to shoot and totally reliable.

But for the record and sake of discussion, so is my last Glock (G21 gen 4) and my first Glock (G23).

My next Glock will probably be the G20, followed by a G30 of some flavor (hoping for a G30S gen 4 announcement by then...).

I know there are a lot of other great guns out there, and not looking to suggest what's better or worse personally. I simply try and take advantage of the Blue Label program and add a gun or two to the safe every year when the budget allows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If I understand the rules of this sub forum correctly the only person who should be answering the OP post is Mr Vickers himself.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    If I understand the rules of this sub forum correctly the only person who should be answering the OP post is Mr Vickers himself.
    Technically, this sub-forum is for Vickers Tactical Class Announcements & AAR's. I think that you are thinking back to when there use to be a few sub-forums labeled "Ask (insert instructor name here)". The forum changed up a little bit a while back, and those sub-forums aren't around anymore.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    If I screwed up or posted in error, I apologize. Not intended. Please delete my responses as appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    That's what I was thinking, too, until I read this:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Technically, this sub-forum is for Vickers Tactical Class Announcements & AAR's. I think that you are thinking back to when there use to be a few sub-forums labeled "Ask (insert instructor name here)". The forum changed up a little bit a while back, and those sub-forums aren't around anymore.
    Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hackathorn would probably recommend a G19, but he carries a 1911 in 45 Auto because he's been doing it for decades: It's what he's the most comfortable with, he knows the guns, and he likes them.

Clint Smith is another former Cooper Gunsite instructor who prefers to carry a 1911, but, well... I'll let him tell it:

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I remember when those forums were around, but they weren't very active. Obviously, due to their heavy work loads, and trying to enjoy their free time and what not. I think that as long discussion is constructive this wouldn't be an issue, but it would probably get more traffic and info for the OP if it were relocated to another, more appropriate forum. And, you never know when LAV may show up and respond.

I was thinking that LAV had posted a video on his YouTube channel, Vickers Tactical, concerning this subject but I haven't tried to find it.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The single greatest article on the subject was written by M4C Member, USMC_03.

It's located here: http://www.03designgroup.com/technot...-glock-why-9mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast