Quote Originally Posted by AmmoUp
I don't think we are going to get the great price break we 6.5 owners/fence sitters have all been waiting for. Time will tell.
AmmoUp, I tend to agree. We predicted Wolf 6.5 Grendel Gold line to come in at $5-$7 a box, but now, if it's comparable with the Wolf 5.56 75gr that David Fortier reported on in another forum, it looks like it will be $8-$10/20. Not terrible, but not great, either.

However, Wolf still knows how to import really cheap ammo, but I'm wary of making predictions that take a year or more to come to pass, so you'll have to wait for SHOT Show to see if Wolf has anything to say about the subject. Yes, "time will tell."

Quote Originally Posted by jmart
Why the large primer? . . . What is the mushroom velocity threshold for the 123 grain SP?
I'm pretty sure the large primer allows them to economize by making 6.5 Grendel off 7.62x39 Russian tooling.

Don't know the mushroom velocity threshold, and Bill Alexander never mentioned that he had gel tested these loads, so I'm going to assume he doesn't have that data, either. Perhaps Prvi Partizan does?

John