Thread: DPMS AP4 7.62

Feedback Score

DPMS AP4 7.62

New to the group here. A couple of pics of one my "children" has more recoil than I expected but its not bad maybe a new stock would help?
    Shoots about 2" w/ S&B 147gr. fodder.

Feedback Score
    Good to see you here!

My suggestion is to put a few hundred rounds of the same ammo through a medium-weight bolt rifle, from prone. You'll never complain about gas gun recoil again. Ask me how I know ... ow, ow, ow ... I traded my Remington LTR for a rifle like yours and I don't dare complain anymore about recoil. Also try a slip-on rubber buttplate; it may take the edge off of the sensation.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Feedback Score
    Get a Miculek comp and you'll never look back. I can stay on target as good on the AP4 as my 223 without. My 105lbs daughter actually prefers it over the 223 because the recoil isn't as sharp.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I'd try one or more of the following

-Better compensator
    -Rubber Recoil Pad
    -Heavier buffer (a few people make them like slash over on the other site, enidine, MGI etc)

Shortening the length of pull might help too, get aggressive on it.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    I haven't gotten mine yet, but take a look at Tubb's SSS flat wire buffer springs. Sounds like good bang for the buck.

(There is a caution about mixing and matching with endine, etc. buffers, however.)
    Last edited by carbinero; 10-03-08 at 10:23. Reason: ETA

Feedback Score
    I have a slip on rubber pad on it now and it doesn't seem to do much. The comp is interesting but I value the flash hider more than a compensator. Maybe I'm just being a "Wus".