Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vite D, sleep, and pain management

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    How many IU's of vitamin D3 are recommended? I googled this several times and seem to get a wide range --anywhere from 1,000 to 5000

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    How many IU's of vitamin D3 are recommended? I googled this several times and seem to get a wide range --anywhere from 1,000 to 5000
    See: https://brinkzone.com/vitamin-d-what...to-achieve-it/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've been reading about possible links between Vitamin D supplementation and an increased possibility of kidney stones. I've had kidney stones in the past and definitely do not want to experience them again. What is your opinion on that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    I often wondered about trying cannabis, never have. As difficult as it is just getting the meds I need from the VA I wouldn't even attempt to ask.
    I have rheumatoid arthritis of a fairly aggressive nature. Its controlled by IVs I take very 8 weeks and I do have pain daily from 1-5. I still run, workout, etc almost daily to keep my body active(49). My Rhemotologist "suggested" I try cannabis (eddibles) and report back. It reduced swelling like nothing else I've tried. Helps with sleep when pain is high. It really doesn't relieve pain in my semi-limited opinion. Note: I do not use any opioids, but will take tylenol.. I do like a good bourbon to kill the pain over anything.

Thought I would weigh in on my fairly limited experience for you.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by exotic-toys View Post
    I have rheumatoid arthritis of a fairly aggressive nature. Its controlled by IVs I take very 8 weeks and I do have pain daily from 1-5. I still run, workout, etc almost daily to keep my body active(49). My Rhemotologist "suggested" I try cannabis (eddibles) and report back. It reduced swelling like nothing else I've tried. Helps with sleep when pain is high. It really doesn't relieve pain in my semi-limited opinion. Note: I do not use any opioids, but will take tylenol.. I do like a good bourbon to kill the pain over anything.

Thought I would weigh in on my fairly limited experience for you.
    FYI. there is a medical cannabis thread here also I posted a while back you may want to read/post in too. For some, it's very effective for pain management. Those in states with medical cannabis should give it a try is my advice.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I've been reading about possible links between Vitamin D supplementation and an increased possibility of kidney stones. I've had kidney stones in the past and definitely do not want to experience them again. What is your opinion on that?
    Not seen anything conclusive but I'd say the benefits far outweigh the risks on that one.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I take Vitamin D daily and my most recent lab results still showed deficient. So I've doubled the dose to see if that helps.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I take Vitamin D daily and my most recent lab results still showed deficient. So I've doubled the dose to see if that helps.
    What was the dose? What where your 25OHD levels? See also article I posted above on how to achieve levels. Finally, magnesium essential for vite D and mag deficiency are common in the US. Have that tested too and or consider adding a mag supplement:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324022
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    My lab results last month showed the same - deficient after taking one pill in the am(1 D = 50MCG or 2000iu). I take 1 D in the am and 1 D in the pm before bed now. I'll have labs run again in November. Glad to see I'm not alone with being deficient.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by exotic-toys View Post
    My lab results last month showed the same - deficient after taking one pill in the am(1 D = 50MCG or 2000iu). I take 1 D in the am and 1 D in the pm before bed now. I'll have labs run again in November. Glad to see I'm not alone with being deficient.
    Again, article above covers in depth how to achieve optimal levels and most require 5k IU to even budge the needle in my experience, and some require 100k for a short time followed by lower dose to actually correct the deficiency and per above, mag deficiency may be the key as to why some have so much difficulties getting D levels up.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast