Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .22lr conversion with 1/7 barrel?

Feedback Score
    I received mine from Brownells 1 week ago. So far it works just fine. It looks just like the Ceiner unit.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    After much reading and internal debate between a 22LR upper vs a conversion kit, I ordered a CMMG this morning and put the $325 I saved over an upper toward 1,000 rounds of PRVI 5.56. Call it my election day treat to myself.

I know it is still early, but I have read nothing but good things about the CMMG. ETA is 2 weeks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    you're gonna love it austin12gauge - mine arrived today

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use a Ciener .22 kit in my DPMS 1/7 upper and it shoots straight as an arrow...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lindertw View Post
    you're gonna love it austin12gauge - mine arrived today
    Thanks for that link. I hadn't seen your post before. Now I feel even better about my order. I have a friend with a Ciener that he shoots in a Bushy. He doesn't clean it and with several 1,000 rounds of 22 thru it it is very dirty. He keeps it wet and it runs like a top. I am expecting the CMMG to be as good or better right out of the box.

BTW, I too am running an Aimpoint Micro. Love it!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I did a little test of accuracy with my Ceiner conversion kit. I installed it in my LWRC M6A1 10.5-inch upper. It has a 1:7-twist and I was shooting Federal .22 550-round bulk ammo boght at Wally World.

I was pleased with its potential accuracy. This is a 10-shot group done at 25-yards in an Indoor range. I took this picture using my Crackberry in bad lighting. A better shooter would probably have printed a smaller group. The orange dot is 1-inch in diameter.

We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by austin12gauge View Post
    I wonder about lead fouling with the 22 conversion. What is your experience? Thanks!

No issues with lead fouling as of yet. I shoot about 1 box of standard .223 after each .22 session. Keeps the barrel free of lead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123