Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aridus Industries Co-witness Ready Optic Mount (CROM)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Aridus Industries Co-witness Ready Optic Mount (CROM)

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make a brief announcement that the Co-witness Ready Optic Mount (CROM) is finally available for pre-order.

The CROM directly mounts the optic, in this case an Aimpoint Micro,to the shotgun's receiver. This puts the optic low enough to allow for a regular, consistent cheek weld. What really makes it special is the integrated XS rear ghost ring. With its windage and elevation adjustment, it is able to be co-witnessed in case of optic failure.

Currently this is available for the Beretta 1301 Tactical and Remington shotguns with use of Aimpoint Micros (and some clones). There are plans for other gun models and optics in the future, but this is the starting point.

The 1301 version replaces the factory plastic rail and rear sight assembly, and works with the factory front sight.

The Remington version will work on the 870, 1100, 11-87, and Versamax, and is based off of the Remington hole pattern. (If the receiver is not drilled and tapped, it will need to be so by a qualified gunsmith).

Through testing, we were able to achieve a co-witness with a variety of front sights. The height over bore (from the top of the inside of the barrel to the top of the front sight) ranged from 0.67" with the 870 Express Tactical's XS front sight, all the way to 0.75" with a Vang Comp front sight (will also work with Wilson Combat and many other front sights falling into that height over bore range).

It is important to note that a shotgun's point of impact is HEAVILY based on both the barrel and the ammo, it's possible that an perfect co-witness might not be able to be achieved with every sight with every gun and every setup. The front sight might need to be changed for perfection, however, every sight setup and gun we tested (both in house and in beta testing) was able to achieve a usable co-witness, certainly good enough for an emergency backup sighting system.

MSRP is $110
    Through 6/15/17, there is special pre-order pricing of $99. They can be ordered at http://www.aridusindustries.com/products/

Orders should begin shipping in July/August.

I'm definitely very excited about this (possibly moreso than any of our other products so far). Let me know if you've got any questions. Thanks!
    Last edited by SpyderMan2k4; 05-30-17 at 08:37.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Speaking as a 1301 Tactical owner, this is very cool.

Sending this to a couple of friends who are shotgun instructors.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Benelli M4 please and thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Benelli M4 please and thank you
    https://scalarworks.com/shop/optic-mounts/sync-micro

I believe Aridus has stated they won't be doing Benellis as there are other solutions out there.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    https://scalarworks.com/shop/optic-mounts/sync-micro

I believe Aridus has stated they won't be doing Benellis as there are other solutions out there.
    That's pretty much it. Benelli receivers are really long and have enough space to mount a rail or mount as well as a separate sight. The direct mount with integrated sights is patent pending. Especially just being one guy, I'd rather focus on what's proprietary and can't accomplish the goal any other way. The Benelli doesn't really fit that criteria and I'm not overly interested in making stuff that's been done before.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Can't wait to get mine for my 1301

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Preordered my 1301 CROM and I still don't even own the shotgun yet. That's how good these are folks!
    Last edited by bleaman225; 06-13-17 at 09:07. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Hopefully there will be one for Mossberg 500's shortly.

Feedback Score
    Bumping this thread from the grave. Any feedback on this mount?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    Bumping this thread from the grave. Any feedback on this mount?
    I too am very interested in how well this works on an 870?
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast