Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aridus Industries Co-witness Ready Optic Mount (CROM)

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    Bumping this thread from the grave. Any feedback on this mount?
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    I too am very interested in how well this works on an 870?
    They work excellent. I’ve had mine awhile with a decent amount of rounds through it. Does everything you’d expect it to. They have a new rear sight design too with a modified ghost ring.

There are lots of people using them. Fairly certain some professional trainers and police departments have equipped now with CROMs. Beretta has been installing them on 1301 at trade shows. I’d say you’re good to go on these dudes.

Maybe spyderman2k can come back in and verify my observations.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles11B View Post
    Hopefully there will be one for Mossberg 500's shortly.
    Unfortunately it wasn't "shortly" but there is now actually an RMR version available for Mossbergs. It took a bit longer than I hoped, but better late than never I suppose.

The CROMs in general have been performing great. I've never heard of anyone having durability or reliability issues, and I know more than a few guys have run them through multiple high round count classes without issue. The only thing that isn't perfect is that guns with very low front sights have a tougher time achieving a cowitness, but that just kind of comes with the territory, especially depending on ammo and what distance it's sighted in at. That being said, I've never heard of a 1301T that couldn't cowitness (they all use the same front sights so it makes sense), and typically 870s that have front sights with a height over bore of between .67" and .75" typically are good to go (seems the sights from Wilson Combat and Vang Comp are the most reliable to get a cowitness).

I've been slammed so I don't frequent forums much, but if anyone ever has any questions please feel free to reach out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Necropost here, but does the CROM allow for absolute cowitness with an Aimpoint Micro or is it more lower 1/3?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Bump.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Aridus Industries Co-witness Ready Optic Mount (CROM)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Necropost here, but does the CROM allow for absolute cowitness with an Aimpoint Micro or is it more lower 1/3?
    More of a lower 1/3 I’d say. I’ll try to get a pic in a little bit. Are you looking for one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    More of a lower 1/3 I’d say. I’ll try to get a pic in a little bit.
    Thank you very much!

Are you looking for one?
    I'm not sure if you're asking if I'm looking for a picture or for a CROM. I'd very much appreciate a picture, if that's what you mean. If you're asking if I'm looking for a CROM, then yes I was thinking about buying one. My next decision is if I want a standard one or one with the Rob Haught modification.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Aridus Industries Co-witness Ready Optic Mount (CROM)

Thank you very much!

I'm not sure if you're asking if I'm looking for a picture or for a CROM. I'd very much appreciate a picture, if that's what you mean. If you're asking if I'm looking for a CROM, then yes I was thinking about buying one. My next decision is if I want a standard one or one with the Rob Haught modification.
    For 870 or 590? I have an 870 one that I was planning on selling because I’m getting rid of the gun and don’t think anyone local knows what it is.

Sorry the Tapatalk pictures suck now, but this should work. And it is a Vortex crossfire so not Aimpoint, but close.

I think I’d like the Haught mod better, but I’m pretty sure that aperture can be bought for $25 and added to the standard one.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    For 870 or 590? I have an 870 one that I was planning on selling because I’m getting rid of the gun and don’t think anyone local knows what it is.

Sorry the Tapatalk pictures suck now, but this should work. And it is a Vortex crossfire so not Aimpoint, but close.

I think I’d like the Haught mod better, but I’m pretty sure that aperture can be bought for $25 and added to the standard one.

Thanks for the pic. It is very helpful. I'm looking for one for a Beretta 1301. I think I'll go with the Rob Haught mod when I get it. As for the optic I'm going to use a Holosun because their circle dot reticle is the only one that works well with my astigmatism.
    Last edited by SteveL; 11-10-19 at 10:18.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Thanks for the pic. It is very helpful. I'm looking for one for a Beretta 1301. I think I'll go with the Rob Haught mod when I get it. As for the optic I'm going to use a Holosun because their circle dot reticle is the only one that works well with my astigmatism.
    Oh ok, yeah I think I'd like that rear sight better too.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have the Haught version on my 1301, it is lower 1/3 co-witness.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast