Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daniel DD5v2 First Range Trip and Modifcations

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I didn't see any problem with the detent. It was smooth, didn't get fouled up after 240 rounds, and has the added bonus of pushing the charging handle down towards the receiver, which likely helps negate any gases that would other wise sneak underneath directly to my face when suppressed.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack45 View Post
    I didn't see any problem with the detent. It was smooth, didn't get fouled up after 240 rounds, and has the added bonus of pushing the charging handle down towards the receiver, which likely helps negate any gases that would other wise sneak underneath directly to my face when suppressed.
    How many of that was shot suppressed?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    How many of that was shot suppressed?
    160 give or take a few.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack45 View Post
    160 give or take a few.
    Well, I reserve judgement. Some people have had issues, you have not. I still think it's a poor design, but then, that's not my job, so my right to comment is only as the consumer, but it cost DD the sale. Yes, literally the CH. I shit you not, I bought an SR25 ACC MLOK just so I wouldn't have to muck with the failed bushmaster design charging handle. Of course, as a "one and done" customer on a working man's budget, I don't really have THAT much right in that lane, either, lol!

Feedback Score
    I've put 300 rounds through mine with no issues. I did lube it up because it was Dry when I brought it home.
    Here is a pic of my girls!

DDm4A1
    Magpul CTR stock
    Magpul furniture
    CVlife (harris style bipod)
    Aimpoint Pro with Larue QD mount
    Primary Arms 3x magnifier with Larue QD swing away mount
    Magpul mbus pro iron sights
    Troy Sling

DD5v2
    Atlas PSR BT47 bipod with Larue QD mount
    Trijicon Accupower 1-8 with Larue QD mount
    Blue Force Gear Vickers 2 padded sling

Last edited by ugatyler; 08-16-17 at 17:04.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have the DD5V1, and it is literally one of my favorite rifles. I would probably sell off ALL my 5.56 guns before I'd sell this one. I admit, I haven't shot the V2, but I find the recoil of the V1 completely manageable. I can spot hits through my scope out to 550 yds. I have the SilencerCo brake on mine. To me, this rifle is a textbook DMR setup with my Burris XTR II 1-8 scope. It's decent at CQB distance, out to at least 600 yds. I love it and can only figure your V2 would be all that, and smoother!
    Glad to hear others are digging these rifles. Honestly, I haven't heard much about these rifles like I thought I would. Admittedly, I'm biased, but I think they are incredibly nice .308's. The charging handle hasn't bothered me in the least. I put the larger cocking handles on mine and it has worked great. Large enough to work with the scope, without sticking out too far and getting hung up.

Glad you are enjoying yours as well. Thanks for sharing your experience with the V2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12