Not surprised at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack45 View Post
    Pin gauged two of Noveske N4 barrels.

Noveske N4 16" Mid-Length = .083
    Noveske N4 14.5" Mid-Length = .082
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
    Good info in this thread. Thank you for organizing it and thank you to those that have helped populate it. I reference it frequently.

A set of pin gauges are cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/HFS-0-061-0-2...70_&dpSrc=srch
    Is there a better option to buy a smaller set of gauges ?
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack45 View Post
    Pin gauged two of Noveske N4 barrels.

Noveske N4 16" Mid-Length = .083
    Noveske N4 14.5" Mid-Length = .082
    Although not totally absurd, those kinda defeat the purpose of a middy.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My last Noveske 14.5 middy measured somewhere around .078 using the finest drill bits in my collection.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Sounds about right. I’ve said many times that my last Noveske was the harshest shooting AR I’ve ever used, including stock M4s with M855A1. And it had a WarComp and A5-3. I actually sold it, mostly because I thought it was ridiculously gassed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    What's the general take on recent barrels from Noveske both CHF and Stainless? Is it a hard "No" from members here who tried them? Is it even worth trying? I was planning to get a 14.5"+pinned muzzle device, but if barrel is no good this is pretty much $600 down the drain (barrel, muzzle device, and pin+weld job).

Now I have concerns about doing it.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Gas Port Data

Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    What's the general take on recent barrels from Noveske both CHF and Stainless? Is it a hard "No" from members here who tried them? Is it even worth trying? I was planning to get a 14.5"+pinned muzzle device, but if barrel is no good this is pretty much $600 down the drain (barrel, muzzle device, and pin+weld job).

Now I have concerns about doing it.
    It’s not a hard no from people here, but I think many would say there are less risky options. It is a hard no from me though, the one I mentioned above was a replacement barrel after my original had a defect in the chrome lining, which meant it wouldn’t group for shit. Noveske was pretty good about fixing it - they got it back to me quickly and were able to save the WarComp I had pinned on, but between them, KAC, and BCM, Noveske is the only one that made me pay to ship it back. I was a little irritated by that since it wasn’t my fault that it had to go back. Then when they sent me the gas hog, I decided that I was done with them. I’ve had two factory Noveskes and neither one did anything that my BCMs didn’t, in fact my BCMs typically performed better, and for less money.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Is there a better option to buy a smaller set of gauges ?
    Perhaps ebay. Most likely, anything cheaper will have a max diameter of .060" which in most cases is too small regarding gas ports.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd like to know the GP size of Spike's 11.5" pencil profile barrels.
    I had to use one for a 733 clone since it was the only chrome lined 11.5 lightweight barrel I could find. Shoots ok but it seems overgassed to all hell. I'm going to be swapping out the gas tube for one of the BRT EZ-tune tubes at some point soon.
    Spike's won't divulge their port sizes because it's "proprietary" information but I'm kind of curious what size they are using.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    It’s not a hard no from people here, but I think many would say there are less risky options. It is a hard no from me though, the one I mentioned above was a replacement barrel after my original had a defect in the chrome lining, which meant it wouldn’t group for shit. Noveske was pretty good about fixing it - they got it back to me quickly and were able to save the WarComp I had pinned on, but between them, KAC, and BCM, Noveske is the only one that made me pay to ship it back. I was a little irritated by that since it wasn’t my fault that it had to go back. Then when they sent me the gas hog, I decided that I was done with them. I’ve had two factory Noveskes and neither one did anything that my BCMs didn’t, in fact my BCMs typically performed better, and for less money.

Good info. Thank you.
    I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with them. I really like their barrel profiles and nothing BCM makes is similar to that. I understand your frustration - it's not just the bad product, but a waste of time, money and nerves of sending barrel back and forth and testing it. That was one of the reason I was thinking of going with Noveske in the first place hoping they go an extra mile with QC to avoid that kind of extreme case scenario for the end user.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast