Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loading Remington 700

Feedback Score
    Im sorry I see it will only fit the magpul hunter stock not factory stock. Here is what I found.

https://www.gunmann.com/remington-700-bottom-metals/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shoot. I single feed mine off of an elastic side saddle. My last round always Effs up. I haven't put a round in my mag in years. I haven't felt the need to do bottom metal. Single feed appeals to my luddite instincts.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    *refresh caused a dup post*
    Last edited by 1859sharps; 11-17-19 at 10:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grinder01 View Post
    Im sorry I see it will only fit the magpul hunter stock not factory stock. Here is what I found.

https://www.gunmann.com/remington-700-bottom-metals/
    I have the magpul hunter and bottom "metal" on my R700, well made, works etc. BUT...the stock is HEAVY. Also, the design of the fore stock fatigues my hand due to pressure from the "rib" that runs down it. not very comfortable. Not sure I would want to carry this for a days out in the field. But for just going to the range and having a grip area that is similar to the steyr scout, it's not a bad stock. If you are recoil sensitive, which I am not, the weight and built in but pad make shooting 308 feel very close to shooting 223. not exact, but close.

I am going to change out the stock at some point for something lighter.

as for the detachable mags in R700 rifles. all the one's worth getting are going to require some change to the stock. There are pros and cons to using a detachable mag. the biggest pros of course are a bit faster on the reload by not having to fiddle with loose rounds working around a scope. This can outweigh many of the cons. Another pro is the extra round, R700s are 4 by default, you can sort of make it a 5 rounder but it's not really designed to be one. see earlier posts by others for how to add the 5th round.

the con...cost. and they are not as quick to swap out as a rifle that was made ground up to be detachable magazine. also, the mags are single stack so they hang down past the stock or trigger guard depending on capacity. and depending on over all length of you rifle, can throw off the balanced carry point.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone put one of these ^^^^^^ in an H-S stock. Would it be a drop in or would I need to fit it? I want to be able to change it back if I sell the rifle. I don't really need a metal one and this would work fine the amount I shoot it.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Open the mag well, you will see two "legs" on the bottom of the follower. Grind them down flush with bottom of follower, close it up, load 5 in mag and one in chamber.

As a practice when I go walking with mine I have five under bolt and carry on empty chamber as the safety is not necessarily so on the older triggers but they are the easiest to adjust and make a nice clean breaking trigger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12