Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: B&T APC223 GEN 2

Feedback Score
    So I see CZ Scorpion irons as a solution for co-witnessing. Is B&T working on a better solution? It’s a shame they didn’t stick with iron sights and optics mounts AR-15 compatible.

and yes, co-witnessing is important for any subgun or carbine, and if you can’t co-witness, you should be able to quicky detach the optic to see the irons.

http://www.combatshootingandtactics....llpictures.pdf

Feedback Score
    An update. Yesterday I braved the mud and rain and I finally emptied the 500rd half cases of 64gr Speer gold dots through my apc223. No problems at alll feeding through a combination of PMag Gen 3 and Lancer magazines. All fed and functioned great!!! That particular load short strokes most of my ARs when the get dirty because it’s so underpowered. But ran great through the APC. Also works well through CZ805, AUG and Swiss 550.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    So I see CZ Scorpion irons as a solution for co-witnessing. Is B&T working on a better solution? It’s a shame they didn’t stick with iron sights and optics mounts AR-15 compatible.

and yes, co-witnessing is important for any subgun or carbine, and if you can’t co-witness, you should be able to quicky detach the optic to see the irons.

I find the Evo sight option to have spotty availability and not be competerivelhnpriced.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score

I find the Evo sight option to have spotty availability and not be competerivelhnpriced.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
    An update. Yesterday I braved the mud and rain and I finally emptied the 500rd half cases of 64gr Speer gold dots through my apc223. No problems at alll feeding through a combination of PMag Gen 3 and Lancer magazines. All fed and functioned great!!! That particular load short strokes most of my ARs when the get dirty because it’s so underpowered. But ran great through the APC. Also works well through CZ805, AUG and Swiss 550.
    Is it .223 pressure? Sounds good if it works for you.

Feedback Score
    Is it .223 pressure? Sounds good if it works for you.
    Yes. It’s a good barrier blind load. But low pressure, even for 223. Typically hard to digest. So i think it puts to rest concerns about soft point ammo through the APC223. At least my sample of 1.

Feedback Score
    You can always see if it will run with Tula.

I have been through about 4000 rounds of it with various carbines. It is the lowest powered commercial stuff I have played with. A couple of tuned guns won’t run it.

I had a bad batch of 250 rounds once with about a 4% dud rate.

They replaced it.

The only other issue I had was my SIG556 does not hit the primers hard enough. An issue I have had with it on other very hard primer ammo.

Feedback Score
    From my standpoint, running with low pressure 223 isn't a good thing. Any overgassed rifle will do that. Overgassing wears a rifle faster with nothing in return (well, other than it will run weak ammo).

Feedback Score
    I get that low pressure isn’t good. And I’m unlikely to purchase any more of it. I usually buy 556 spec ammo. The gold dot 223 LE load is a very common dept issued ammo that, while provided good terminal performance, doesn’t quite meet the advertised pressure and velocity. It’s a great load, especially for departments that issue 223 guns. I bought it to try as an HD load and was disappointed that it wouldn’t cycle in any of my Colt or LMT Rifles... it does cycle an 18” SPR upper. It also cycles all of my euro piston guns. It will feed one mag through the AR’s, but as soon as they start to get dirty they short stroke. It’s better than fiocchi green label 55 that won’t feed at all. But not a hot loading.

The point of this was, that there were early issues of B&T APC223 guns only feeding FMJ ammo and choking on softpoint. I am one of the few that owns and posts about a 16” gun, and I was attempting to determine if that issue was present in the 16” guns. It took my a while to get any sort of round count with non fmj, but i finally did. And I would say it should be good to go.

Feedback Score
    Wolffie, what is your current sight set up? Irons and red dot?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast