Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: B&T APC223 GEN 2

Feedback Score
    I’m currently running a NF Nx8 in low rings. No back up sights. I had a set of 45 degree offset Kac and magpul. Both Snagged on everything, so I took them off. This thing is a tackdriver and the NX8 is a good fit.

If, I had the folding adjustable stock, and the riser, I believe I could get away with HK height sights. Like Troy micros, or HK fixed sights. I may try one out next time I go by Tarheel State.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    When using the Aimpoint Micro like this one...
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/Aimpoin...nt_p_1041.html
    ... is it normal for the QD lever to open slightly under .223 recoil? Meaning, the optic is attached and snug, I push the QD all the way in and snug to the mount, shoot and when done, the lever has opened by a few mm and presumably stopped openening further by the sliding lock on the lever itself. It doesn’t happen on my APC9, but does with the additional recoil of the .223. If it’s not normal, what do I do to fix it?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That specific mount is B&T and I suggest you call or email B&T about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    From my standpoint, running with low pressure 223 isn't a good thing. Any overgassed rifle will do that. Overgassing wears a rifle faster with nothing in return (well, other than it will run weak ammo).
    I’m not saying to stock up on that ammo and run it full time. I find it a good test for a GP carbine. If it will run Tula it is not ammo sensitive, primer sensitive, will run dirty, dry, freezing, etc.

It’s not for a comp gun you spent a Dozen range trips tuning by spring, buffer, etc to a Specific ammo .... nope.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogartino View Post
    That specific mount is B&T and I suggest you call or email B&T about it.
    Well, it is the factory optic, on the factory mount, for the rifle this entire thread is devoted to, and is kind of the purpose of a forum that connects users with common interests and real world experience, but thanks anyway... I think.

Feedback Score
    Any idea when the GHM9's will be in stock once again?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    Well, it is the factory optic, on the factory mount, for the rifle this entire thread is devoted to, and is kind of the purpose of a forum that connects users with common interests and real world experience, but thanks anyway... I think.
    Sorry for not being thorough with my suggestion to call B&T. I have the same optic and mount on my TP9 and GHM9. I had it on my APC223 and never had issues with the mount loosening up with range use. I have it now mounted on the TP9. It appears that you are doing all you need to ensure that the mount is secure to the rail but it still comes loose. That’s why I suggested calling B&T. I had an issue with my APC223 stock mount with the bushing sticking out. Long story short, called B&T and emailed pics and copy of my invoice for the gun and they shipped me a replacement part right away.

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone for sharing, I’ve been searching for more info on these weapons.

What serial range did they switch to APC223 Gen 2?

Feedback Score
    Anyone want to split this with me? Pretty please

https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/sto...product_id=625
    Last edited by aFella; 05-12-21 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    OK. You take the paying for it part and I'll take the rifle part.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast