Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dead Air announces Sandman-k

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.
    It took a while, but I found some testing online. I think the S will fit my desires more. I have a socom555 mini for short guns, and will probably be happier with an S on precision 556 and bolt 6.5 rifles.
    I agree with that 100%. The K is designed to keep short guns short while taking the edge off and mitigating concussion, which your Surefire Mini already does. If sound reduction and shooting comfort is the goal, the S will suit you a lot better. I don't see any reason to have two K-cans unless they're caliber specific or you can simply afford to have multiples cans that fill the same niche "because why not." Either way, Dead Air's QD system is the best in the industry as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 02-25-19 at 12:07.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Got to shoot the K and S side-by-side this weekend.

Indoors, I couldn't discern a difference between the two.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post

Interesting, I wonder what the actual DB ratings are. Think I will go ahead and pick up a K for my shorter guns.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post

Lies.... everyone knows to the shooter full size and mini cans sound different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry but indoors is an absolutely terrible place to judge the sound of... anything. The size and shape of the room, materials used, etc. can make a G19 sound like a Howitzer. Walls, ceilings, floors, bays, backstops, etc. make it especially difficult to judge the sound of suppressed guns because noise is being directed back at you from all sides. How can you differentiate between port pop, muzzle blast, action noise, sonic crack, etc. if they're all reverberating back at you simultaneously in a 360 degree angle?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an L, S, and K. The K is substantially louder than the S. So much so that I bought another S to put on my rifle that was originally going to wear the K.
    Last edited by Jeepman1320; 02-28-19 at 17:14.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234