Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Single-Stack 9mm 1911s, who makes 'em?

Feedback Score
    I've been toying with getting one also. Personally, I would get a Trojan from Brazos Custom or Dawson Precision for about $922. Plus, you can order it with a fixed STI sight if you wish.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Brazos is who I was talking to when I was going to order a Trojan. They were several months out on the fixed sight versions so I shelved the idea. Not big on waiting.

Was going to also have them do their $150 package as well, just to try and be sure.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by UNIT 6639 View Post
    Does anyone make an affordable one?
    I wish Springfield Armory would take their new short action design and make a GI style 9mm pistol out of it. Something without the frills would sell like crazy. As much as I hate Springfield, I'd buy one.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Nighthawk offers a model in there line up, plus they are a full custom shop and will build you anything you want.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm actually in contact with NH about that now. But, do you know of a specific model that is a standard item in 9mm? I couldn't find anything on their site.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm actually in contact with NH about that now. But, do you know of a specific model that is a standard item in 9mm? I couldn't find anything on their site.

Thanks.

The Ladyhawk (Yes they can leave the name off the slide), but after reading your post again, i see you want a 5" slide, the Ladyhawk is 4.25". But they will build you a gun to your exact wants and desired parts from any manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How about that new Para LTC? Do believe it is a single stack 5" 9mm with fixed sights.
    Last edited by NCPatrolAR; 10-02-08 at 13:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    How about that new Para LTC? Do believe it is a single stack 5" 9mm with fixed sights.

I already generally avoid 9mm 1911s, but one chiseled out by Para-ord would make me throw up a little bit in my mouth.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wish NORINCO could build/import me one!!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I recently acquired a STI Trojan 9mm from dawsonprecision for $920ish I believe. I have ran about 500 rounds through it and it is a very nicely built pistol. Have not had any issues with it and if I did, I've had friends who have sent it back to either dawsonprecision or STI, and they always make it right.

From dawson, ask about the dawson special for the STI Trojan, which is a free dawson fiberoptic front sight, which is the best in the market imo.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast