Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Law Tactical folding stock adapter buffer weights??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LAW runs fine with the typical H1/H2 and carbine spring.
    You can obviously fine tune the system with different buffer weights and springs, but it isn't necessary.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an H2 and a standard carbine spring in mine. It is on a 10.5inch SBR and functions fine both suppressed and unsuppressed. I generally run it unsuppressed because it won't fit in the bag of my Street Glide otherwise.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Run it with 16 and 9" .300, 10.5 .223 and 16" 6.5Grendel, all h or h2 to test, no issues. You may want to call them, word on the street is some new product coming out from them.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm running mine with Syrac AGB, standard receiver extension, and H2 buffer. No issues suppressed or not. I went with the standard length receiver extension due to the small increase in LOP of the LAW. I came from an A5 system previously.
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Has anyone using Law Tactical folding stock adapter found it desirable to use a different buffer weight than they were using previously due to the increased mass of the BCG via the bolt carrier extension?
    No. Normal weights; no issues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My .070 gas port DD MK18 upper runs well with an H2 and carbine spring, but with the LAW adapter plug it was noticeably sluggish. Also, the brass barely trickled out of the ejection port. I switched to a carbine buffer and it feels much better. With the 2 oz LAW adapter the total buffer weight is right between an H2 and H3.

Now, as a counter point, my dad’s Kino uses a LAW folder with an A5H3. The A5H2 was noticeably snappier, and switching to the A5H3 allowed the dot to settle on target quite nicely. Total buffer weight comes in approx 8.1 oz, yet the kino runs like a sewing machine in this configuration.

I bring this up just to illustrate that each rifle/“pistol” will respond differently. Ammo matters too of course. I should point out that the handloads we run are in the “hot .223” or “mid 5.56” range of data according to Ramshot. We’re not exactly shooting m855a1, but we’re not running Tula either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12