Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: THE BAD: What AR accessory do you really dislike or is just flat out useless?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I am still convinced the BCM Gunfighter compensator was spitting debris in my face.

My VCAS Blue Force sling loves to get hung up on my FLC vest. I'm actively looking for a simple two-point sling long enough to carry the gun at port arms.

I'll add that I don't think magnification belongs on a fighting carbine optic unless the weapon is to be employed mainly at long range.
    Look into the WOTG sling, Great sling, simple and effective, no extra crap or pieces hanging off.
    http://www.frankproctorshooting.com/rifle-gear/

People make slings way more complicated than they need to be. So much money and snake oil in slings, one of the biggest scams in the gun world.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm a grumpy shooter and think that training and quality parts trumps most upgrades.

1) Magpul BAD lever. That is epic nonsense.
    2) muzzle brakes/comps without a supressor over them.
    3) Magpul AFG.
    4) 3 point slings. WTF??
    5) 550 cord braided into cute decorations hanging off of/wrapped around everything.

Feedback Score
    I actually LIKE the Magpul angled foregrip. It's easier to pull the buttstock tighter into my shoulder with it than without it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm with 17K. IIRC an AFG was one of the first accessories I bought to put on my first build. I just didn't like it. I use short VFG's for handstops.

I'm not going back 35 pages to see if I ever posted in this thread, but as you and 17K illustrate, someone will find the parts someone else hates as being useful, or at least cool.

I do dislike the Seekins Precision ambi-safety levers. To me the dimples/scallops are irritating and the colors are off. I'm sure some else loves them.

Titanium parts on an AR never made much sense to ME on a cost to benefit basis.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 09-14-18 at 13:16.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

I'm not going back 35 pages to see if I ever posted in this thread, but as you and 17K illustrate, someone will find the parts someone else hates as being useful, or at least cool.

Bullshit. You go back and read EVERY PAGE in this thread to make sure you're not repeating yourself. You are sucking my bandwidth unnecessarily every time you make a duplicate post in one of my precious threads.

Just kidding.

Yes you are correct that one man's trash is another man's treasure, but that's why it's always best to post WHY you like or dislike something. That way people who read someone's post can get the reasoning behind it.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 09-14-18 at 14:21.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I see rhe point of the AFG but to me, it makes a mess of the lower rail when trying to shoot off of barricades and takes up too much room. With a VFG I can put my hand in from of it or behind it if I need to, but the AFG takes up over 1/2 the rail and is too big and gangly to just grab it somewhere.

It's good if you're confident in always using the same stance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles11B View Post
    AR pistols. However, I get the difference between the 'waiting on my tax stamp' crowd vs. the mall ninja crowd.

Anything Tapco.

The skull and zombie stuff has to go as well.

I like BAD levers, but I'm left-handed. I understand how their novelty could be lost on a right-handed shooter.

Lol what? I could understand the hate for pistols originally when things were primitive but with the way things are now its almost pointless to chose an SBR over one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Bullshit. You go back and read EVERY PAGE in this thread to make sure you're not repeating yourself. You are sucking my bandwidth unnecessarily every time you make a duplicate post in one of my precious threads.

Just kidding.

Yes you are correct that one man's trash is another man's treasure, but that's why it's always best to post WHY you like or dislike something. That way people who read someone's post can get the reasoning behind it.
    Well, maybe 5 pages back.....
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
    Lol what? I could understand the hate for pistols originally when things were primitive but with the way things are now its almost pointless to chose an SBR over one.
    Ditto, pistols kick ass

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
    It was the primitive ones that I didn’t get. I’ve seen some great pistol builds. I still prefer SBR’s but that’s just me.

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast