Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: THE BAD: What AR accessory do you really dislike or is just flat out useless?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by midSCarolina View Post
    Anything and everything nickel boron . That covers both the "dislike" and "useless" portions of the question
    While I don't normally buy into it, the bolts do seem to be easier to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    I'm starting to dislike VFG (short style is better like BCM) now that I've started using a handstop, BAD Lever was ridiculous and I ran one for a while, any quality rifle with poor optics, factory triggers, green lasers, ar pistol hand-braces, spiked muzzle brakes, pinned fake cans, and anything else that may fall under Mickey Mouse clubhouse material.
    But Punisher skull logos are still okay to plaster everywhere, right?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    While I don't normally buy into it, the bolts do seem to be easier to clean.
    Not the one I had. It was a carbon magnet until it broke in spectacular fashion.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    But Punisher skull logos are still okay to plaster everywhere, right?
    Yes- as long as you have No Fear stickers on your bumpfire stock

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Another for the BAD lever and crappy optics.

Totally useless: commercial spec buffer tubes--they have ZERO reason to be in the market place.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Yes- as long as you have No Fear stickers on your bumpfire stock

I gotta say....in this vein.....anything "Zombie" should be a giant waving red flag that you are being hypnotized into buying something due to marketing hype rather than utility.

I know it might be fun to have a lower receiver where the mag well looks like a skull or something, but is it really needed and should you buy that when an original milspec receiver is actually a better buy for the buck?

In my book, anything "Zombie" is by definition almost certainly flat out useless.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Why does everyone love BAD levers around here?

Seriously though... what's so bad about the BAD?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Not the one I had. It was a carbon magnet until it broke in spectacular fashion.
    Whatever my OBR is coated with it's the easiest one I own.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Aluminum handguards. As hot as my polymer handguards get, I imagine aluminum handguards would be scorching.

Vertical and angled foregrips. They just do not feel right.

Round handguards, A2 pistol grips and M4 stocks. The height of discomfort.

Pigtailed gas tubes. 'Nuff said.

Gas Powered Margarita Blenders. They throw off the balance of the AR and make a terrible mono-pod when grinding ice.

Froglube. This one is the most painful to admit. I've been using Froglube for years with no problems. It's friendly to my skin and has always worked for me. It never congealed no matter how cold the weather got. Until i installed a suppressor and a Binary trigger. As soon as I did so, it's like the Congealment Fairy visited and caused everything to seize up. I don't think Froglube plays well with fouling from 22 rimfire. Be that as it may, I've cleaned Froglube off my weapons and have been using a bottle of Lucas gun oil I had laying around. It'll do until I find something I like better.

MagPul MBUS. It's a good emergency back up sight, but it's not a good back up sight. Too flexible and imprecise.

Any fat buttstock. I realize this is an individual thing, but fat AR buttstocks are uncomfortable for me.

Tank brakes. I hate'm!
    Last edited by MistWolf; 06-27-17 at 16:00.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Totally useless: commercial spec buffer tubes--they have ZERO reason to be in the market place.
    I agree. Does anyone produce a current rifle with the commercial buffer tube in lieu of the mil-spec?

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast