Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: THE BAD: What AR accessory do you really dislike or is just flat out useless?

Feedback Score
    I never understood the reason for pistol config either until the SBA3 was brought to market.

Feedback Score
    BAD Lever!!!!! P.O.C. Waste of good money I could of used for reloading ammo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    I know I'm sure I'll catch it, a "bayonet", and commercial spec tubes. Lol

Feedback Score
    All these compact stocks. Fixed stocks in some instances. And just some of the retarded designs out there just to be different.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 09fatbob View Post
    I know I'm sure I'll catch it, a "bayonet"
    You want the bayonet. More to the point, dare to live on the edge!

Last edited by MistWolf; 09-16-18 at 18:49.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Not much point in a bayonet anymore, but a knife that happens to attach to a rifle barrel is a wonderful idea

Feedback Score
    The vertical fore grip. Feels awkward. And the bayonet lugs on my 2 carbines. What's that for? Can't find a bayonet that actually fits.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Here's one really good reason for a bayonet lug: between 1994 and 2004, "they" got a law passed that said you could not buy a new AR15 that had one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Here's one really good reason for a bayonet lug: between 1994 and 2004, "they" got a law passed that said you could not buy a new AR15 that had one.
    I've been wanting to ask but always thought it was a stupid question: Is bayonet fighting really even a "thing" anymore on the high tech battlefield?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I've been wanting to ask but always thought it was a stupid question: Is bayonet fighting really even a "thing" anymore on the high tech battlefield?
    The Brit Paras cleared trenches with bayonets at the battle on Mount Tumbledown during the Falklands War. They did it again during Gulf II and in Afghanistan, although I don't remember the details. And the corporal commanding a Brit section who was about to run out of ammo after being ambushed by a vastly superior force, decided it was bayonets or die in place. Led a bayonet charge into about 100 Mahdi Army fighters, didn't lose a man crossing the open ground, and once they got into tight quarters killed over 20 Mahdi Army fighters before the rest fled. I think the corporal who gave the order and led the charge was awarded the Military Cross.

The Brits are still quite serious about practice with bayonets. I don't care who you are, somebody coming at you in tight quarters with their war face on and a bayonet pointed at your face gives you the heeby jeebies even when it's all a game and you're playing OPFOR.

I'd far rather have bullets. But if that doesn't happen and it's a furball in a grape hut or whatever, the bayonet is still a very viable weapon. Aside from terrorizing anyone at close quarters without a minute's training with them.

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast