Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: THE BAD: What AR accessory do you really dislike or is just flat out useless?

Feedback Score
    That aside... bump stocks potentially win the prize of most useless thing ever (disclosure: I've never bothered to try one). Seem to be designed to help you miss what you're shooting at.

To be fair about it, I'm a pretty vanilla kind of guy who doesn't have much interest in most "accessories".

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Serious question: Would you rather a 1#~ bayonet or an additional 30 rounds of ammunition in a box mag?

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Here's one really good reason for a bayonet lug: between 1994 and 2004, "they" got a law passed that said you could not buy a new AR15 that had one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    Serious question: Would you rather a 1#~ bayonet or an additional 30 rounds of ammunition in a box mag?
    If you already had a basic combat load of 210 rounds I'd think you wouldn't be wrong to take the bayonet.

I used mine in the field on a lot of things I wouldn't have used any of my other knives on.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    If you already had a basic combat load of 210 rounds I'd think you wouldn't be wrong to take the bayonet.

I used mine in the field on a lot of things I wouldn't have used any of my other knives on.
    It's kind of a moot point for a civilian anyway. The 16" barrel won't let you mount the bayonet to the bayonet lug. I'm not sure if it works with a 14.5" barrel and the "extended" A2 style flash hider.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    The 16" barrel won't let you mount the bayonet to the bayonet lug.

I'm not sure if it works with a 14.5" barrel and the "extended" A2 style flash hider.

You were saying?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    [IMG]You were saying?
    LOL - yep, I have a bayonet and a rubber ducky bayonet for my 16in M4 style uppers, just for chuckles. Bought them both on sale when someone posted a sale on another thread a while back. When they arrived I was unwrapping them and thought, dang, I've got a bayonet on my old LBE. Oh, well you cant have too many.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    So, what is the deal? I thought the 16" barrel positioned the bayonet too far forward to completely lock in place.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    So, what is the deal? I thought the 16" barrel positioned the bayonet too far forward to completely lock in place.
    Edited - never mind, Mistwolf provided pics.

Yep, locks in and functional.

Of course, you'll put your eye out...

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-18-18 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

Yep, locks in and functional.
    Hmmm....news to me. Frankly I've never had the desire to even own a bayonet, but I thought the 16" barrel made it so the bayonet's locking mechanism couldn't reach the bayo lug or that maybe the barrel diameter was wrong for the loop at that length or something. Maybe I'll buy a bayonet now.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The 16" AR in the photo is a middy.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast