Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Savage MSR 10

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    The only things I can think of to fix this would be to properly grease the BCG (it was dry)
    Like how dry are we talking?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Like how dry are we talking?
    Like super dry. Kinda disproves the theory though that NIB BCG's don't need lube.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    BCG’s need lube, it doesn’t matter if they’re coated with unicorn fur or princess sweat they need lube

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The gun is in the mail on its way back to Savage. My rep is gonna talk to her supervisor about buying the gun back. I'll be happy to see this stick go away, even though I wanted it to work so bad.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Overall disappointing. Sorry for you. And I really was interested in this.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Slight update:

I spoke to the lead customer service rep, and she claims that the wear on the bolt is normal. I finally got back into my image hosting; so I want to see what the forum thinks.

Keep in mind that in these photos you are looking at two different bolts. The first two are a bolt with around 300 rounds on it. The last three is the bolt that Savage sent to me, claiming it was brand new until they fired 40 rounds through the gun for testing. Savage is claiming this wear is completely normal.

Is it me?

Or is it them? Im starting to go crazy with this rifle.

EDIT: It is definitely them, because I was at my local black rifle match yesterday and a guy had a DD 308. He said it was one of their first guns and he has close to 3k rounds through it. His bolt with 3k looked better than mine with 100 rounds on it. **** Savage.
    Last edited by turnburglar; 02-02-20 at 11:30.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    TB, To be clear on the malfunctions, what's your definition of a "Doublefeed"?

So they replaced the entire barrel and bolt or just the bolt? It does show odd wear on that one lug.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They replaced the entire bolt carrier group and barrel, because I thought it could be an out of spec barrel extension locking up with the bolt.

I would describe a double feed as a failure to extract with a failure to feed? Usually bolt has to be locked to the rear, mag ejected and ejection port fingered. Reinsert mag and re-chamber. This was happening with 168 magtech and a pmag20 (oem mag).

I spoke with a CS rep and they offered to replace the MSR10 with anything of equal value. I really didn't want a expensive bolt gun, so I just opted to get a new MSR10 but in 6.5 creedmoor. It should be en route to me soon. Im really hoping my last rifle was a lemon, and ill be sure to report on the 6.5 for accuracy and reliability.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If getting a new gun, my choice would be to dump it at this point.

A double feed in any semi automatic firearm is two live rounds attempting to occupy that chamber. Some call that a SEAL party. The fail to extract and/or eject can be a host of issues.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    If getting a new gun, my choice would be to dump it at this point.
    Yea I asked them to just buy it back from me, and they refused.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast