Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Savage MSR 10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Savage MSR 10

Hey thread warriors,

Anyone here have real experience with a savage MSR 10? I was looking into building a large frame, but at the price I can get this thing for I figure why bother? Mr Gunzandgear did a review on the 556 version of the savage MSR line and he thought it was an amazing rifle. The Accuracy was on another level compared to most other rack grade rifles. The small frame and the adjustable gas block plus a Savage barrel makes this gun seem like a real winner on paper.

If I did pick one up, I want to migrate my 1-8x to have a handy 308 carbine. Then I'll throw a RDS on the 556 gun the 1-8 currently sits on.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Haven't seen anything other than the collection of youtube "experts"
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    My wife bought me one for my birthday, and I've on managed to get about 100 rounds through it. That being said, I really like this rifle. My next outing with it will be to re-zero the rifle, since on my last outing i noticed that my scope had shifted in the rings by about a half inch (my fault). Groups have been in the 1 inch range at 100. Things that I've noticed are that it has a 3 ounce carbine buffer in it, and it is most likely a proprietary upper and lower cut. It resembles an Armalite but may be slightly shorter, I would like to find a place that has dpms, armalite, and the msr to do a side be side comparison. Barrels are supposed to a common cut (dpms?) no confirmation on that yet either. The place where my wife bought it, the owners son is our local Savage sales rep so maybe I can get some info from him. But I do like this rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ChefDimentia- Thanks for your perspective. Come back to this thread with any pictures or range reports when you shoot that stick more. Also if anyone could confirm that the MSR-10 uses standard 308DPMS barrels? Even though I have huge respect for savage barrel making skills, I really like the idea of having different length and profile options from a company like faxon. I really like the idea of a light weight AR10, and nothing would make that better than a small frame with a skinny barrel.

Feedback Score
    The barrel is as DPMS style, i haven't done to much with the rifle lately. I went out the other day to shoot it and couldn't hit a damned box at 100 consistently. After getting frustrated and putting the rifle away i noticed the barrel was loose!. That explains it my issue that day, i haven't been back out yet.
    2017-07-01 11.24.10.jpg

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That's encouraging.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well it came in. Waiting on the glass and rings to arrive and then we will see how it goes.

MSR10 LR in 6.5.

All looks good on the gun now. I actually like the trigger from dry firing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Figured I’d report back after putting less than 50 rounds through it. First 20, I didn’t touch the gas and just shot it. It sometimes wouldn’t cycle a new round. I reset the gas, by closing it fully and then opening it up 3 full turns. The remaining rounds all was flawless.

My 5shot groups were under MOA. I was able to get a 3 shot group under 1/2 MOA.

I’m pleased with the rifle and I really dig the adjustable gas.

If you have any specific questions reply here or message me direct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update! Looks like it is shooting well

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks great!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast