Thread: Trijicon MRO Ocular Lens Cap hack

Feedback Score

Cool Trijicon MRO Ocular Lens Cap hack

I picked up the MRO (best deal) for about $350 and it came with a nice case and standard lightweight mount but no simple cheep lens caps. They provide some nice options to protect the front lens with flash hider option and flip cap (not cheep and bulky) and if you want a full rubber cover and flaps there is a tango down version. The rear flip cap cover appears to be associated with the Patrol version only, adds length, and is hard to find. The rear ocular OD is 28 mm and the front is 40 mm. This cap stays on pretty tight and you could wedge it in tighter with some very small rubber piece or O-ring.

DSC_4415.jpg

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I'm not understanding what you're saying or what I'm looking at here.

Feedback Score
    The optic came with no lens covers and there are few to no options for the eyepiece. I found that a coin case cover fits and works well. A pic is worth a thousand words - no?

Feedback Score

Here is another pic

Feedback Score
    I know this is old now, but for anyone (like me) who has been still trying to find a decent ocular lens cover, the Vortex Strikefire II Ocular Lens cover fits perfectly without any modification. If you don't mind a Vortex logo on one end...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by couchranger View Post
    I know this is old now, but for anyone (like me) who has been still trying to find a decent ocular lens cover, the Vortex Strikefire II Ocular Lens cover fits perfectly without any modification. If you don't mind a Vortex logo on one end...
    Good info, thanks

Andy

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Just don't waste your money on the factory Trijicon MRO Slip on cover with clear lenses. Lenses come uninstalled, cover is an absolute bear to install. Lenses are next to impossible to install and by the time you get them in they are all scratched. I wrote a review on PA but they never posted it. My rifle sits upright so I just wanted to keep junk off the objective lens. Had better luck with clear cellophane and one of the wife's black hair ties.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I thought about getting one of those covers but I basically just want to keep dust, fingerprints, etc. off the lenses. The Trijicon AC31016 MRO Objective flip cap fit well for the objective end, but everything online said "the ocular lens side is too small; nothing will fit..." It looked about the same size as my Strikefire ocular end, so I popped it off and tried it, and it fit perfectly. So, I ordered another one for ~$6.00. Trijicon is crazy with how they price their flip cap lens covers. I'll update again when I find a fit for the objective lens that is less than the $45-$60 that Trijicon wants for the AC31016.