Thread: Beware of Fobus Holsters-video

Feedback Score

Beware of Fobus Holsters-video

Jukebox Hero with stars in his eyes

Feedback Score
    Tbone

what has been the trend in typical points of failure on the FOBUS holster design?

Darrin

Feedback Score
    I have seen the Fobus paddle holster fail twice in training. You get what you pay for.
    The Second Amendment is Homeland Security

Remember New Orleans

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

I'm not defending the Fobus holster but that video is misleading.

The only designed open carry holsters are duty-style holsters - law enforcement or military.

That is a typical law enforcement rear grab style take-away.

The Fobus is designed as a concealed holster or range holster/competition use.

The gun grab used on that video far exceeds the design of the holster.

The key to concealment is not being seen - if the holster/weapon is not seen then you shouldn't have to worry about a gun grab like that.

It is the owner's responsibility to check the wear/condition of their equipment. If it's broken or worn - fix or replace it.

Give me any open top concealment holster and someone that wants to stand there defensless for a rear weapon grab and I'll exceed the design capabilities of the holster and twist, warp, and remove 99% of the weapons from them.

If you're worried about security - buy a security holster or conceal your weapon better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel
    I'm not defending the Fobus holster but that video is misleading.

The only designed open carry holsters are duty-style holsters - law enforcement or military.

That is a typical law enforcement rear grab style take-away.

The Fobus is designed as a concealed holster or range holster/competition use.

The gun grab used on that video far exceeds the design of the holster.

The key to concealment is not being seen - if the holster/weapon is not seen then you shouldn't have to worry about a gun grab like that.

It is the owner's responsibility to check the wear/condition of their equipment. If it's broken or worn - fix or replace it.

Give me any open top concealment holster and someone that wants to stand there defensless for a rear weapon grab and I'll exceed the design capabilities of the holster and twist, warp, and remove 99% of the weapons from them.

If you're worried about security - buy a security holster or conceal your weapon better.
    Yep I agree and well put. But I also agree you get what you pay for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroll
    Tbone

what has been the trend in typical points of failure on the FOBUS holster design?

Darrin
    I'm not aware of any "trends". I just know that it's been proven that it can happen.
    Jukebox Hero with stars in his eyes

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I wouldn't rate the Uncle Mikes much better.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!