Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henry Golden Boy 22lr Lever Action

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pgh_builder View Post
    Henry's get all the attention, but the best lever action 22 you can buy is the Browning BL-22. It's almost double the price, but the quality and craftsmanship is far superior. It's a rifle you can pass down for generations.
    +1. My youngest daughter still has hers (about twenty years after I gave it to her as a birthday present).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pgh_builder View Post
    Henry's get all the attention, but the best lever action 22 you can buy is the Browning BL-22. It's almost double the price, but the quality and craftsmanship is far superior. It's a rifle you can pass down for generations.
    Not to mention it can feed shorts, longs, long rifles in any combination in the tube, and they'll work just fine..I have one, they're way better than a Henry..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I own and have owned many lever action .22 rifles. I have a BL-22, it's a good rifle. I have a Winchester 9422, owned a model 250 for several years, I owned a Mossberg 402 Palomino for a dozen years, had a Ruger 96 for about as long. Hell, I even owned a Remington model 76 nylon lever gun.... To me, the Marlin 39 is the king of rimfire lever guns. They were made in so many different configurations, rifles, carbines, round barrel, octagon. All takedowns.....Just excellent rifles.
    Last edited by Esq.; 03-09-19 at 13:53.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It's a pretty gun, no doubt, just not a particularly good one. It looks good in a saddle scabbard, but if I have a serious varmint problem, I'll use a serious varmint gun that can take a usable scope and saddle up the 10-22 with Kidd action and barrel.

Feedback Score
    I bought my son one the day he was born. The wife sent me out to get a slurpy so I walked in the gun store next door.
    Last edited by NoBodyImportant; 03-19-19 at 01:57.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xbox and ARs View Post
    Am I the only one who thought the Henry Golden Boy looks tacky and has a god awful stock angle? That said whatever gets someone started.
    I think it is in fact just you. I have one in the collection. It's fun to shoot, incredibly easy to teach even the most novice of shooters to use, and cheap to run if you're footing the bill for ammo for the group. It makes even "non-gun people" smile a bit. Heck, I think that the lever action may be second to last on the grabbers list, just in front of the break open shotgun.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    Kind of fell in love with the look, but not the "new" price. I stumbled on one used in a LGS.....struck a fair deal and it came home with me. I made the mistake of letting my wife shoot it.....I may have lost this one....

I was pleasantly surprised at how accurate it was no matter what ammo I fed it. And the action was nice also, maybe not the best but definitely better than what I expected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12