Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 with Mexican Defense markings on Gunbroker?

Feedback Score
    I actually kind of want one of these. My wife is Mexican and I think it would make a cool gift for her. Any information out there on where they came from or why they are for sale other than what is in the GunBroker listing?

Feedback Score
    That kind of why I wanted one... I'm half mexi. Plus I'm just a Colt hoe.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Not enough chrome or gold leaf for a real ese.

I say this as a 2nd generation American on my mother's side. Grandma used to tell stories of passing a battlefield on the train into the US when she was a kid. (1910s timeframe)

Interesting roll mark though.
    Last edited by Caduceus; 07-15-17 at 18:00.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    These are most likely contract over runs. The Mexican Army / DOD runs the only legal gun store in the country for both civilians and state and local police. These are intended for sale to state and local agencies and possibly individual officers.

I've seen Mexican cops with a variety of rifles including Colt and other ARs, HK G36/G36Cs and Beretta ARX 160's, FALs and even one team with DPMS AR-10's.

If I were in their shoes I would much rather have a 6920 than any of those other options.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    $700 for a legit Colt 6920? Yes, I would have been all over that.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There's 14 more available

Feedback Score
    I picked up one of the LE6920's with removable carry handle. I like the traditional carbine design compared to the new variants with the Magpul accessories. At $699 with no tax, no shipping and Mexico government markings this has got to be a win-win. Surely there will be some additional collector value down the road as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by minuteman1636 View Post
    I picked up one of the LE6920's with removable carry handle. I like the traditional carbine design compared to the new variants with the Magpul accessories. At $699 with no tax, no shipping and Mexico government markings this has got to be a win-win. Surely there will be some additional collector value down the road as well.
    I wholeheartedly agree, my friend. I went ahead and ordered two 6920's with the removable carry handle.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone verified with Colt the authenticity of these carbines (i.e., contact Colt and provide serial # for verification)?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am kinda tempted to pick one up, but I already stocked up on a couple 6920's back in '14

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast