Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 with Mexican Defense markings on Gunbroker?

Feedback Score
    I can vouch for the seller. It is the same one that sold the Colt USMC decommissioned M45A1 pistols (which I now have 2 letters from Colt on). Apparently Colt is using this dealer/method to move excess inventory. I will be asking Colt for a letter on my carbine but by the time all that happens they will be gone. When the $1350 M45A1 USMC issued pistols were offered a lot of people doubted them - some of those people have since had to fork over the $3000-3500 they are bringing now as there were a limited number offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Has anyone verified with Colt the authenticity of these carbines (i.e., contact Colt and provide serial # for verification)?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlB View Post
    I can vouch for the seller. It is the same one that sold the Colt USMC decommissioned M45A1 pistols (which I now have 2 letters from Colt on). Apparently Colt is using this dealer/method to move excess inventory. I will be asking Colt for a letter on my carbine but by the time all that happens they will be gone. When the $1350 M45A1 USMC issued pistols were offered a lot of people doubted them - some of those people have since had to fork over the $3000-3500 they are bringing now as there were a limited number offered.
    Are you implying the true market price for these Mexican 6920s is higher than the asking price? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Nope, I don't have that certainty on them like I did the USMC M45A1 pistols! Wish I could have bought more than 1 of them. I do think though that $699 shipped is a dang good buy and that they won't last at that price.

Are you implying the true market price for these Mexican 6920s is higher than the asking price? Thanks.
    Last edited by EarlB; 07-17-17 at 20:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlB View Post
    Nope, I don't have that certainty on them like I did the USMC M45A1 pistols! Wish I could have bought more than 1 of them. I do think though that $699 shipped is a dang good buy and that they won't last at that price.
    I agree with Earl. The immediate market value on these Mexico LE6920's won't be high because of the current availability of LE6920's. But, in pure speculation, I think they could have some collector value down the road. I am not going to shoot mine. I am buying it purely as a collectible.

Colt isn't advertising 6920's with removable carry handles anymore so I think the 'carry handle' variants are an attractive model more so than the Magpul variants. The Mexico government roll mark is a bonus. To put it in context, a mostly substandard 'Expanse' is in the $630 to $900 range. This is a ready to rock LE6920 for $699. We would be lucky to see a domestic variant at this rate, much less a carbine that was destined for a foreign government and roll marks to show it. You just can't go wrong unless you are looking for a rifle for a military clone project. The 'Law Enforcement Carbine' roll mark under the Colt logo voids any type of military clone project.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why is this thread mostly really new members that have a ton of information on why these rifles are a great buy?
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why would they be? Its just a standard 6920 with different markings. If it comes with a mexican hat and free burritos it may be worth more

I'm not sure a carry handle gives more value to an AR when you can buy one for $20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    Why is this thread mostly really new members that have a ton of information on why these rifles are a great buy?
    Everyone on this page 3 has been here longer than you so I'm not sure what the point of your sarcasm is. If your other 238 posts are of the same high quality that your quoted post is, you're not exactly a beaming light of professionalism and knowledge either.
    Last edited by minuteman1636; 07-18-17 at 09:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeM4 View Post
    Why would they be? Its just a standard 6920 with different markings. If it comes with a mexican hat and free burritos it may be worth more

I'm not sure a carry handle gives more value to an AR when you can buy one for $20.
    I'm hoping my rifle comes with tamales instead of burritos. The market comments are purely speculation. I have seen people spend crazy amounts of money for even crazier reasons. In regards to the carry handle comment, the carry handle may be irrelevant. My simple observation is that LE6920's with the Colt provided carry handles seem to be getting harder to find. Sure they are still available but they don't seem to be around in the numbers that they used to be. Just .02 cents from the peanut gallery.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    Looks a lot, posts little?

minuteman1636 - joined 2008

EarlB - joined 2014

Guy asking question - joined 2017

Seriously, I don't know their backgrounds, haven't looked at the posts they have made, yet. There are a lot of M4C members who look much more than they post.

(Excuse me if I seem testy as I've been sanding furniture since 7:00, slightly more fun than, well, nothing.)
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 07-18-17 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A look at the gunbroker link revealed that my plan to finally own a Colt has been stymied - the ones at the link are sold out.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast