Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Optic...down the road

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    IIRC, ATF reversed their decision on that and OK to shoulder now.
    I have not shot my pistol in a while and back then (Nov 2016) I was cheeking the tube. I am seriously thinking about getting a Sig Brace.

Will a Sig Brace work with a BCM pistol tube?

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Not sure I am digging the SBM4 brace.

I don't like its length or weight.

I would like it to the end of the tube but not sure if I will jack up a 100$ brace to trim off 1.25".

It was a bich to put on. Went on tight and I was gripping the receiver so tight, trying to spin it on.....well the pic speaks for itself.

I sent it back to BAD as they said they could possibly get it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    holosun 510c is a great optic for the money

Feedback Score
    The micro sized red dots should work perfectly well for you. They do have a slightly smaller sight window, but they are still more than capable. Especially, if you want to set it up on a nice light weight small package like an AR pistol. As another person mentioned, I like the holosuns. The Holosun HS503c is probably my favorite optic right now because it's not outrageously expensive, and it's got some great features like clear glass, long battery life, solar power, and the circle dot reticle. You should check it out if you haven't made your mind up on an optic yet.
    Last edited by michaelc; 11-16-17 at 22:48.
    - Michael C.
    (hotlinks in signature lines are prohibited - stop bumping old threads to promote your website)

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    Not sure I am digging the SBM4 brace.

I don't like its length or weight.

I would like it to the end of the tube but not sure if I will jack up a 100$ brace to trim off 1.25".

It was a bich to put on. Went on tight and I was gripping the receiver so tight, trying to spin it on.....well the pic speaks for itself.

I sent it back to BAD as they said they could possibly get it out.
    I trimmed a SBM4 to A5 length and used a belt grinder to round the corners and reshape it a bit. It was a bit rough before the rubber wore down but it made a big difference in bulk and I think looks.

I also broke a BAD lever off lately but it took a vise to do it! I was able to get the screw stub out myself luckily.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I trimmed a SBM4 to A5 length and used a belt grinder to round the corners and reshape it a bit. It was a bit rough before the rubber wore down but it made a big difference in bulk and I think looks.

I also broke a BAD lever off lately but it took a vise to do it! I was able to get the screw stub out myself luckily.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    thanks for the info.

I shot about 300 rounds through my pistol using the brace and law adapter the past couple of days. It shot very nice. I had trouble with my Holosun.....but it was not the optic's fault. It was my fault for not reading the instructions. I could not figure how to change the intensity of the reticle. When I got home... I read the instructions and had a "DOH" moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12