Thread: CNN "Airport News"?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

CNN "Airport News"?

Ever wonder why the only channel you see at the Airport is CNN?

Is this even real?
    I've noticed it would seem to be the only channel available when I fly out of Austin. Personally I read a book or look at my tablet, but really?

Feedback Score
    If you'll search for CNN Airport News Media Kit you'll find links to the .pdf files. I'm not sure how to upload them to the web and don't have time right now to figure it out. I didn't see where they were paying the airports, although they sure are promoting their product, and touting that the airports can sell ads to local businesses.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    If you're a totally amoral profit-grabbing "news" monster that wants more ad-views to make more profits, this makes sense.

CNN is @#$# for a variety of reasons. I despise being in an airport with it blaring. I bring earplugs when I travel and I look for the seats farthest from the tv speaker.

This is just a slicker and nominally private version of the viewscreen propaganda from 1984.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    The annoying thing is that CNN Airport News is being subsidized with your tax dollars.

How does that make you feel?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    This is just a slicker and nominally private version of the viewscreen propaganda from 1984.
    It's EVERYWHERE. Think about the lobby's at hotels. There's the CNN partner hotel network. Now... It's in my Dr.s office, the waiting room at the service department at most car dealerships. I mean it, it's freaking everywhere.

My heart did stop a couple weeks ago though. I was traveling through Honolulu, and they actually had Fox news playing at the lobby of the gate in which I was at. I almost stroked out and actually pointed it out to the people I was traveling with. Someone must've done it as a prank. Fox News on HAWAII!!! Hahahaha.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    the waiting room at the service department at most car dealerships
    My dealership has Fox News on... It's also selling luxury cars, so I am guessing that they are aiming for a specific market.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    The annoying thing is that CNN Airport News is being subsidized with your tax dollars.

How does that make you feel?
    The TSA's security theater is entirely paid for by our tax dollars.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It could be worse. One place where I am occasionally trapped favors the Food Channel featuring Rosie O'Donnell lookalikes. It's a great hit with obese women...
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    My dealership has Fox News on... It's also selling luxury cars, so I am guessing that they are aiming for a specific market.
    My dealership doesn't even have a TV....

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.