Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need boot and pant recommendation.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Need boot and pant recommendation.

I'm looking for recommendations on boots and pants for duty use. I really like the LAPG ATLAS and Urban Recon pants but if there is a better ome for the 29$ range I'd take a look

I need boots though. I have no black boots and I'm lookimg for a good fairly inexpensive mid to high top recommendation. We have to provide all our own gear amd ive kind of blown my gun budget buying armor and other parts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Not LE, but I wore the hell out of these:

http://workboots.com/reebok-8-rapid-...53,5129/1&dl=b

Mine are from 2009 and they are rode hard and hung up wet. They're greyish brown now and have ungodly miles on them.

As far as boots go, they're sneaker-level cozy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Indy View Post
    I'm looking for recommendations on boots and pants for duty use. I really like the LAPG ATLAS and Urban Recon pants but if there is a better ome for the 29$ range I'd take a look

I need boots though. I have no black boots and I'm lookimg for a good fairly inexpensive mid to high top recommendation. We have to provide all our own gear amd ive kind of blown my gun budget buying armor and other parts.

If you really like the LAPG pants, I'd stick with them. I personally wear the TruSpec 24-7 Classics almost every day where I work:
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/truspec-...cpant-247.html

Our dress code is business casual, and while khaki's are okay, cargo pants not so much. I generally buy them from LAPG.com when on a really good sale. I have 6 pairs (3 tan 3 navy) that I rotate and have lasted over 2 years thus far, machine washing-perm press dryer cycle, take out hot and hang up...no ironing.

Boots, I am partial to Belleville, as that's the boot I wore for the last 15 years of my military career. Just a solid boot that lasts a long time through hard use. I'd replace the liners every 6 months with good inserts and the boots lasted 3 years easy...

These are what I wear...they also come in black:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/be300desstho.html

If you don't want a safety toe boot, you can always get the 390's, but if you are a LEO, I'd personally go with the safety toe.

Good luck...

Feedback Score
    Footwear is not a place to skimp, nor are socks.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GFX_9 View Post
    Footwear is not a place to skimp, nor are socks.
    Absolutely true. You can not wear your white cotton athletic socks you bought in a six pack at WalMart. Get to REI or Cabela's and get some Smartwool's or similar.

For boots I would suggest Danner.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For boots, Lowa has been the best I've ever owned. For uniform duty pants, I'd be looking at Crye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Absolutely true. You can not wear your white cotton athletic socks you bought in a six pack at WalMart. Get to REI or Cabela's and get some Smartwool's or similar.
    Second the quality sock recommendation. Not sure what the climate is like where you're at, if its cooler then merino wool from darn tough or smartwool. If it's warmer where you are then wrightsock dual layer socks have been a successful choice for me.
    "We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose" - Sir Carton de Wiert, VC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    For boots I would suggest Danner.
    VARIABLE9 beat me to it. I have what is now called the Acadia. Danner can rebuild them if and when you ever wear them out. They now have a lighter weight recraftable boot called the Stalwart. They are about $100 cheaper as well, but I have no personal experience with them. The Rivot TFX are lighter and very comfortable, but cannot be re-soled. I have not owned a pair of the Rivots, so I cannot speak for how long they last.

Chubbs

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    We wear Vertx pants and shirts for almost 100% rural LE work. Personally, I am very impressed with the comfort and durability. I agree that socks that boots are not the places to skimp, and so wear Smartwool or similar type socks and Lowa boots. I've had good experiences with Meindl, as well, while some of my of my coworkers like Hanwei and Kennetrek.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I do a lot of hiking and good socks are a life saver there. Lowa boots are expensive. The Bellevilles are out. Wore them for 12 years in the military and they are terrible.

Is there a good boot with a street price of about 100?

Gotta love small towns with no budget.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast