Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need boot and pant recommendation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Indy View Post
    ....The Bellevilles are out. Wore them for 12 years in the military and they are terrible.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    You asked for recommendations, and I provided one. I have no objection to your replying with "I wore them in the military and didn't like them....", but saying some blanket statement that they are "terrible" was kinda an insult.

I recommended what I have worn for many years. They last a long time, and with good inserts, are cool and comfortable for me and a LOT of folks I know still in uniform today.

But I concede that the factory inserts should be replaced.

Good luck with your new job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Maybe one of the cheaper Merrell models depending on your terrain. They're too lightweight for me

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of the Adidas GSG line of boots. They're comfortable, durable, and aren't too flashy-looking.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is there a good boot with a street price of about 100?
    No. Lowa's Zephyr and Z8S models are fantastic. Salomon's XA Pro 3d Mid, Quest 4d, and Jungle Ultras are all great. It's worth it to figure out what works for your feet. Healthy feet, ankles, knees, hips, and lower back are worth whatever the cost.

Feedback Score
    Is there a good boot with a street price of about 100?
    Yes, but only if you are ok with minor imperfections:
    https://www.haixusa.com/factory-seconds/

I have several pairs of Haix boots and they have proven to be fantastic - just as good as Lowa and Meindl, and Haix lasts longer in use. Two of my pairs are factory seconds and it is next to impossible to tell them apart from the others. From the current selection of factory seconds the Airpower P7 would probably be ideal, or Black Eagle Mid if you prefer more sneaker-type shoe with a safety toe.

Feedback Score
    I like the Salomon Quest 4Ds personally. I go for the Goretex over the tactical ones as well.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Salomon.

Salomon Speed Assault

They aren't what most call cheap, but all of the Salomon boots I own have proved to be worth every cent. These can be had in sale for around $120 occasionally, currently $140 at tacticalgear.com. As others have said you shouldn't be looking to go cheap on your footgear. I wear these a lot both in work and I have a pair I use hiking and training at a private range. They are the lightest mid-shoe I've owned and so far are holding up well. The tread pattern is aggressive and has a killer grip on hard surface and in the dirt. They dry quicker than my flip flops when wet and they breath like a tennis shoe. They come in black but do not come with a steel toe. I promised my dawgs when I got out of the Army I was going to treat em' right and my dawgs LOVE these boots. Even out in the Central Texas 100+ heat on the range running drills my feet didn't overheat.(the rest of me was dying but my dawgs were GTG.)
    http://tacticalgear.com/salomon-spee...1,18300/1&dl=b

I don't think you'll best the price on the LAPG for your pants. But a pair of pants I found for $39 are 5.11 Fast-Tac cargo. Sound like a broken record, but these are the lightest pants I've owned. They aren't perfect but they are close. They make a pair without cargo pockets and I use those for work in a business environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Reebok has a closeout on their boots, I had a pair and they were like sneakers.
    https://www.botach.com/reebok-closeo...ategory_page=1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    Reebok has a closeout on their boots, I had a pair and they were like sneakers.
    https://www.botach.com/reebok-closeo...ategory_page=1
    Out of stock in my size. Owell

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan74 View Post
    Yes, but only if you are ok with minor imperfections:
    https://www.haixusa.com/factory-seconds/

I have several pairs of Haix boots and they have proven to be fantastic - just as good as Lowa and Meindl, and Haix lasts longer in use. Two of my pairs are factory seconds and it is next to impossible to tell them apart from the others. From the current selection of factory seconds the Airpower P7 would probably be ideal, or Black Eagle Mid if you prefer more sneaker-type shoe with a safety toe.
    This was going to be my suggestion. I am in a different field than you, but I wear the Haix Airpower XR2, and while I feel they look stupid, they are very comfortable, and are easy to get on and off. They are out of the $100 price range though.

I have a few sets of Haix boots, and have been happy with all of them. My turnout boots are Haix also.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast