Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need boot and pant recommendation.

Feedback Score
    Look at Salomon's pro program. That should put some of their duty footwear in your ballpark. Vertx also has good pro pricing through Experticity.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was looking and it seems we get a great deal on belleville I wore the 800ST for along time and they always ended up eating my ankle. is there a model from the tactical series that everyone likes?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can get the QRF and the TR chrome series reasonably priced. The TRchrome line is about 20$ cheaper than the QRF and has an optional composite toe.
    Anyone have opinions on these two lines?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Absolutely true. You can not wear your white cotton athletic socks you bought in a six pack at WalMart. Get to REI or Cabela's and get some Smartwool's or similar.

For boots I would suggest Danner.
    +1 big time.

I've been wearing Danner/Smartwool combos for work, hunting, and casual wear for years, and consider it money well spent.

Feedback Score
    Lowa Zephyrs or Saloman XA Pro mid or Quest. I prefer the Zephyrs as an all around patrol and everyday boot as they are just heavy enough to kick a door but light enough to run in(I've gone on numerous 3-4 mile boot runs in them with no complaints).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Okay guys thanks for all the help.
    I eneded up with a pair of 5.11 boots my dad had issued to him when he worked for the DOC and never wore.
    And my day job is military supply chain. Turns out Im a dealer for belleville and they offered to send me a pair of their new QRF 9in side zips. Apparently we sell about 100k worth of their boots annually. I dont typically handle uniform items so I wasnt aware.
    So I talked to their marketing manager and explained the problem I had and he wasnt surprised. The model I had issued to me has been redesigned because of similar problems being reported.

He assures me this model will be alot better. Looking forward to running them thru the paces.

The 5.11s need some help tho.
    They need better insoles. Is there a set you like for all day on your feet?

A couple of you guys mentioned socks. I have a few pair I really like for hunting season but thats snow on the ground and Im not sure I would like them in the 90 degree summers.

Is there a good intermediate temp and hot temp sock you prefer?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lee Indy; 07-28-17 at 18:50.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Anyone tried Dickies tactical line of pants? I have pairs of their standard double knee pants with the small pocket on the right thigh that are nearly a decade old, still haven't worn any holes, no fraying around the cuff, etc. If the tactical ripstop trousers are as durable I'd buy a dozen of them.

http://www.dickies.com/mens-clothing/mens-tactical/
    Last edited by Turnkey11; 07-29-17 at 08:11.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Indy View Post
    Okay guys thanks for all the help.
    I eneded up with a pair of 5.11 boots my dad had issued to him when he worked for the DOC and never wore.
    And my day job is military supply chain. Turns out Im a dealer for belleville and they offered to send me a pair of their new QRF 9in side zips. Apparently we sell about 100k worth of their boots annually. I dont typically handle uniform items so I wasnt aware.
    So I talked to their marketing manager and explained the problem I had and he wasnt surprised. The model I had issued to me has been redesigned because of similar problems being reported.

He assures me this model will be alot better. Looking forward to running them thru the paces.

The 5.11s need some help tho.
    They need better insoles. Is there a set you like for all day on your feet?

A couple of you guys mentioned socks. I have a few pair I really like for hunting season but thats snow on the ground and Im not sure I would like them in the 90 degree summers.

Is there a good intermediate temp and hot temp sock you prefer?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Smartwool Hike socks. Mid weight for really hot weather (I wear mine in 90+ degrees) otherwise, the heavier weight is fine. The wool used is merino, so doesn't heat up and breathes well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Smartdwool has a big line, you will be able to find something for all seasons. They are well worth the money you will pay.

Feedback Score
    Dont compromise on boots.
    If you spend a bit more and make sure they have stitchdown like Danner - then you can just change the soles and thereby add several years to their lifetime.
    So Danner is great - else Bates, 5.11 or Smith & Wesson.
    Plus esse, quam simultatur
    www.tacticalsergeant.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast