Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT Enhanced BCG , small change

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I bought two complete carriers from the sale.

One was the new bolt and one was old.

Notable to me more so than the finish color and texture was the bolt lugs were different. One corner of the lugs has a camper on it. I would suppose so as not to contact the barrel expense nation locking and unlocking. I can take a picture later.

All these bolts have version codes on the bottom. Most now start with A them a second letter. I think my two were AG and AI
    I noticed that too. On mine it was on the front side, but not on all the lugs.

So one of your bolts is shiny and the other is the more dull silver like has been mentioned here?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I noticed that too. On mine it was on the front side, but not on all the lugs.

So one of your bolts is shiny and the other is the more dull silver like has been mentioned here?
    I don't have it in front of me so it may just be some lugs. I think front/back is probably just a difference in perspective.

Yes, one came matte, the other shinny. I also have 3 other LMT enhanced bolts, all older and all shinny. To me the matte grey one looks like Robar NP3.

Feedback Score
    Just received a new enhanced bolt from Brownells. Has AN stamp on it. Is this an older or current version?

The lugs just forward of the AN stamp (bottom side) do not have a bevel on the leading edge.

Is it normal for the coating on the tail to be rough/not uniform?

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 09-02-17 at 17:18.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
    Just received a new enhanced bolt from Brownells. Has AN stamp on it. Is this an older or current version?

The lugs just forward of the AN stamp (bottom side) do not have a bevel on the leading edge.

Is it normal for the coating on the tail to be rough/not uniform?

That's normal. They check for tolerances after coating and will finish machine to ensure they are dimensionally correct.

If you're unhappy, I'll buy it from you.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    IMG_20170926_103644.jpg

Mine recently came from LMT, is not shiny, and has A0 stamped on it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    IMG_20170926_103644.jpg

Mine recently came from LMT, is not shiny, and has A0 stamped on it
    That looks like the one I got recently. I swear it looks like hard chrome.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just wanted to relate something that occurred while shooting my LMT 11.5 upper with the Enhanced Bolt Carrier group through a Silencerco Specwar-K with Fed 62 gr FMJ.
    I was shooting from 15 yards, two round strings when I had a malfunction where the spent casing was ejected but the bolt was halfway forward. After drawing my handgun and putting two rounds on target (never miss an opportunity to recover from a failure, right) after dropping the mag and attempting to clear the jam, I attempted to get the bolt to close by striking the butt on the ground. No go. Left the line and went to see what could have happened. Of course most of you already know I had a blown primer due to the excessive back pressure.
    Bad part was the primer was between the bolt cam pin under the gas key with the bolt partially forward.
    After using a rubber mallet and a block of wood, we were able to get the bolt back and the blown primer fell out on the table.
    I have shot a lot of rounds over the last 28 years or so but have never had a failure like this. Cleaned and lubed it up again and ran another sixty rounds with no problems.
    I wanted to share this and see if anyone had experienced this before.
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango Charlie145 View Post
    Just wanted to relate something that occurred while shooting my LMT 11.5 upper with the Enhanced Bolt Carrier group through a Silencerco Specwar-K with Fed 62 gr FMJ.
    I was shooting from 15 yards, two round strings when I had a malfunction where the spent casing was ejected but the bolt was halfway forward. After drawing my handgun and putting two rounds on target (never miss an opportunity to recover from a failure, right) after dropping the mag and attempting to clear the jam, I attempted to get the bolt to close by striking the butt on the ground. No go. Left the line and went to see what could have happened. Of course most of you already know I had a blown primer due to the excessive back pressure.
    Bad part was the primer was between the bolt cam pin under the gas key with the bolt partially forward.
    After using a rubber mallet and a block of wood, we were able to get the bolt back and the blown primer fell out on the table.
    I have shot a lot of rounds over the last 28 years or so but have never had a failure like this. Cleaned and lubed it up again and ran another sixty rounds with no problems.
    Thanks!
    Blown primers are a common occurrence with poor QC ammo brands, nothing to do with the bolt. Federal XMbullshit tends to blow primers alot.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    yes yes and yes, and it sucks. I keep a rubber mallet in the shooting crate. Nothing sucks more except when you do it with your LMT MWS 7.62 gas gun. Its pretty common with hot ammo and cans in over gassed rigs. Before it happens to you, you always wonder, why do people care so much about blown primers, then you have your day.

I did grab one last enhanced LMT BCG yesterday. It was the last version with Chrome bolt.

PB

Quote Originally Posted by Tango Charlie145 View Post
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-11-17 at 10:41.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    yes yes and yes, and it sucks. I keep a rubber mallet in the shooting crate. Nothing sucks more except when you do it with your LMT MWS 7.62 gas gun. Its pretty common with hot ammo and cans in over gassed rigs. Before it happens to you, you always wonder, why do people care so much about blown primers, then you have your day.

I did grab one last enhanced LMT BCG yesterday. It was the last version with Chrome bolt.
    You mean like everyone has been getting lately? Like in post #25 above?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast