Thread: Daniel Defense Launches DD WAVE 3D Printed Suppressor

Feedback Score

Daniel Defense Launches DD WAVE 3D Printed Suppressor

Daniel Defense has released its first standalone suppressor, the DD WAVE. The 7.62mm sound suppressor, which features an innovative 3D printed construction and unique overlapping-baffle design, is available with a quick-detach Acme Thread Quick-Clamping System or a direct thread application.

“The DD WAVE is unique because it’s constructed entirely using 3D direct metal laser sintering technology,” said Daniel Defense President/CEO Marty Daniel. “We are able to do things with this type of manufacturing that you simply can’t with a conventional machine. The one-piece design, constructed from Inconel, eliminates the need for welds, which are usually the weakest parts of a suppressor. So what you’re left with is a suppressor of unmatched strength and durability.”

Making its first public appearance at the 2017 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits in Atlanta, Georgia, this past April, the DD WAVE has since created quite the buzz within the industry. Named in part for its advanced cascading baffle geometry, the DD WAVE features a design that cannot be duplicated through more traditional manufacturing techniques. The utilization of 3D printing technology allows for a one-of-a-kind baffle design that forces gas into concentric, confined spaces, extending dwell time in the suppressor and resulting in a product that more effectively attenuates sound.

The DD WAVE is available in both quick-detach and direct thread options. The quick detach version features Daniel Defense’s proprietary Acme Thread Quick-Clamping System that won’t carbon lock and securely clamps the suppressor to a 17-4 PH stainless steel muzzle device, making it easy to remove even after extended use, while the direct thread version features a traditional thread to barrel application. Constructed of Inconel, stainless steel, and titanium—and then Cerakote coated—the DD WAVE is fiercely strong yet lightweight, making it durable, unobtrusive, and reliable enough to accommodate a wide variety of calibers ranging from 5.56 mm all the way up to .300 Win Mag.

MSRP for the DD WAVE Quick-Detach version with included muzzle device is $1157. The direct thread version is $986. Both are available from authorized Daniel Defense dealers. To learn more about the DD WAVE, visit www.danieldefense.com/wave
    2D7A0212-2(small).jpg

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Beat you to it.........

it is already being discussed here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Daniel-Defense
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston