Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic AR home defense scenarios--things to think about

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    Things that I don't worry about are in red. If I get wind of an intruder, being all silent ninja is not part of the plan. The plan is to light up the inside of the house, advance aggressively to the threat, and get rid of it. I want the intruder to know someone is coming for him. If he has half a lick of sense he'll leave before I get to him.

Sneaking around my own house? I prefer violence of action. The faster I win, the better.

According to my state's law, an unlawful intruder in my home or MV is presumed to be there to inflict death or severe injury to the occupants. I'm also immune from civil liability in any justifiable shoot.
    I noticed your tactic is based on an “intruder”. How are you determining this? Do you have a camera system? Crystal ball? Or, are you just basing it on your own fantasy of how your home invasion scenario will go down? Will your plan be as effective on “intruders”? Will they all be in the same room or will they split up after gaining entry? Will they all be in the house or will someone be outside as a lookout? Do you notice all the question marks in what I wrote? Your plan doesn’t have enough question marks. I hope for your sake you never need to test the efficacy of your plan.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    “If he has any lick of sense, he’ll leave before I get to him.”

That may be plausible in your home, but in many homes escape can be cut off by the homeowner’s advance, causing the crook to have to go through the homeowner if he wants to escape. Cornered animals can be dangerous, ya’know.

Just something to consider.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Well, Don, if you were going for Don Quixote, as in tilting at windmills, you missed the spelling.
    I bet you don't know the differences in spelling between modern and ancient Castillian, nor the differences between it and Valencian, Galician, and Catalan

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'm not an SME on home invasions
    I see.....
    Last edited by Don Quijote; 10-21-18 at 16:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bet you don't know the differences in spelling between modern and ancient Castillian, nor the differences between it and Valencian, Galician, and Catalan

Nope, I'm in America, posting on an English-based thread so I just go with the good ol' American spelling. Although, I must admit, I often use the olde English spelling of theatre and armourer.

I see.....
    Unlike you, I'm willing to give some context of where I'm coming from.

You don't put tactics as a 'do this in response to this' without first having some directly translatable experience which indicates the tactic is valid, and, second, being able to explain your rationale.

ETA: I went full retard, never go full retard.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-21-18 at 19:14.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I noticed your tactic is based on an “intruder”. How are you determining this? Do you have a camera system? Crystal ball? Or, are you just basing it on your own fantasy of how your home invasion scenario will go down? Will your plan be as effective on “intruders”? Will they all be in the same room or will they split up after gaining entry? Will they all be in the house or will someone be outside as a lookout? Do you notice all the question marks in what I wrote? Your plan doesn’t have enough question marks. I hope for your sake you never need to test the efficacy of your plan.
    There's enough ammo to deal with anyone who wants to stay in the house.

As for the lookout outside, why would I give a damn? He's outside.

I've read this entire thread and most of y'all's plans are ridiculous to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Maybe you are on the wrong forum?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

I'm with you, great posts btw.

It always amazing reading thoughts of dudes on gun forums of them sitting back and letting invaders have the run of their house cause "muh I ain't cashing in no CONUS kill card over muy TeeVee".

As one self-defense SME I was listening to an interview of his recently put it, (paraphrased) "the fact that someone broke into your home in the middle of the night in first place IS a deadly use of force situation".

People either get that or they don't.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I'm with you, great posts btw.

It always amazing reading thoughts of dudes on gun forums of them sitting back and letting invaders have the run of their house cause "muh I ain't cashing in no CONUS kill card over muy TeeVee".

As one self-defense SME I was listening to an interview of his recently put it, (paraphrased) "the fact that someone broke into your home in the middle of the night in first place IS a deadly use of force situation".

I try to keep emotions and tactics separate from eachother and recommend it to others.

I'd rather pick up a new TV than have my body picked up by pall-bearers.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    "the fact that someone broke into your home in the middle of the night in first place IS a deadly use of force situation".

Hence the castle doctrine in most states. If someone breaks into my house I can only assume they mean to do me and my family harm and can legally use deadly force.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast