Thread: Realistic AR home defense scenarios--things to think about

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Realistic AR home defense scenarios--things to think about

I’m going to share this, it’s a little embarrassing but also helps me sleep better at night. I use the cheap alarm sensors from Harbor Freight on all my exterior doors. I’ve had them for over a year and they have worked great. If someone comes through a door at night I will definitely know it. If you can’t afford a real alarm system consider giving these a try. They’re just a little alarm you stick on each door. A sensor on the door side and the jam side and if they separate the alarm goes off. You have to turn each one on manually (we only have 3 exterior doors all on the same end of the house) It also has a chime if you want. We originally bought these for peace of mind knowing our toddler couldn’t sneak out once he started sleeping in his big boy bed. Early on I did have one side of one of the sensors fall off in the middle of the night one night and wow, talk about getting your heart pumping. I jumped out of bed and grabbed my Glock off the shelf in the closet right next to my bed in a split second and stepped into the hall. At the same time my wife grabbed her phone and was in the process of calling 911. In the process of all this I remembered that the sticky pad had come loose earlier that day and I had stuck it back on. That’s all it was but it felt like the real thing and was a great practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aclawrence; 11-07-17 at 06:33.