Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LMT MWS FTE, doubling and help.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    All, I have thought about using the Gemtech SBC group for the .308 but am unsure if it would work in the LMT MWS. I need to contact LMT first. I have a 5.56 gem tech SBC and it works as advertised. The .308 version is a little pricey so no sense in buying if it will cause even more problems.
    Apparently Gemtech has discontinued the 7.62 Suppressed Carrier due to dimensional variances between different makes of 7.62 AR's.

Looks like the extra heavy buffer is the cheapest and easiest approach, despite being a "band aid" rather than a true fix.

(Edit: if someone has successfully used a "Slash's Heavy Buffers" in a suppressed LMT MWS, a model/part number would be appreciated so I can order one without having to email and ask.)
    Last edited by MisterHelix; 08-25-17 at 10:38.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterHelix View Post
    Apparently Gemtech has discontinued the 7.62 Suppressed Carrier due to dimensional variances between different makes of 7.62 AR's.

Looks like the extra heavy buffer is the cheapest and easiest approach, despite being a "band aid" rather than a true fix.

(Edit: if someone has successfully used a "Slash's Heavy Buffers" in a suppressed LMT MWS, a model/part number would be appreciated so I can order one without having to email and ask.)
    I tried both options mentioned.

The Gemtech SBC for 762 doesn't work with the MWS firing pin. I returned the carrier I had because of this. You'd have to switch to a JP high pressure bolt which includes a different firing pin, based on some other experiences I've read.

Slash's XH buffer didn't change anything on my gun, suppressed or unsuppressed. If anything it felt like the gun dipped forward due to the extra mass when the bolt closed. I also tried the recommended Armalite spring that he sells, and the original LMT spring (which is longer/heavier than the Armalite). I ended up selling it off.

I shoot mainly Hirtenberger and MEN through mine, quite a bit suppressed with a saker 762, and don't have any issues with malfunctions. It's definitely overgassed, but not obnoxiously so.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    The best solution would be to use a new generation can that does not induce back pressure. HK MR762 is similar to LMT, as it does not have adjustable gas block and it does not run very well with many traditional suppressors. It is also somewhat difficult to adjust action mass and springs, as HK uses proprietary components. However, with a low or no back pressure suppressor, no adjustments are needed as the can does not increase the cyclic rate. This also means that there are no more issues with accelerated wear, increased fouling or accelerated loss of lubrication, that are typical to traditional cans.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I just returned from the competition and have some additional info on my particular rifle. I fired a total of 300 rounds of FGMM 168 over 2 1/2 days and experienced zero malfunctions or issues. The gun just ran like a champ!

Will, I appreciate your feedback with regard to the XH buffer and just may hold off for a while on that option. My issues began when I started firing the new FGMM168's with my specwar 762. I have not experienced any issues while firing the same configuration with surplus ammo like DAG, Hirtenbrger or other match ammo (FGMM175, Hornady 168 or Black hills 175).

Based on my findings, it seems that just a combination of my specific load and the silencer over-gas the gun to the point of inducing those issues.

I hope my experience can help anyone else having issues with their LMT, ammo and a silencer.

I have one edit to my post from 8/23. I did order the Timney trigger but ran out of time to install it before the competition. I kept my Geissele SD-E and it was flawless.
    Last edited by bnanaphone; 08-28-17 at 14:19.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123