Thread: Shoot With & Support 5th Group Special Forces: 9/9-9/10, Rockcastle Shooting Center

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’m still short 3 RO’s for this match (both Saturday and Sunday – you can do either or both). *So I'm putting out an open call for volunteers. *The biggest benefit to being an RO is you can guarantee you get a slot in the match. *The ONLY WAY I can promise you'll get to shoot this match, is if you agree to work for me. *Please look at all the requirements and put some thought into this before you volunteer - this will be a hard match to work and a lot will be asked of you.

First, the bad:

RO's will shoot on Friday, so you need to be there early enough on Friday to shoot as well as run a stage or two for your fellow RO's. *You will be stuck on a single stage ALL DAY LONG on Saturday. *Bring anything else you might need to last the day in the field (chairs, food, binoculars to spot rifle hits, LOTS OF WATER, sunscreen, hat, jacket, etc.). *There will be three RO's on each stage, so one of you can rotate off for a short period if you need a bathroom break or something - but keep it a SHORT break as the others will be depending on you. *You will have to tell people "NO" and/or "Sorry, I can't help you" frequently. *You will need to keep competitors doing NOTHING during their wait time but standing there waiting, exactly as they ran up - they cannot take off or rearrange gear, sit in the shade, drink water or eat, meditate, etc. *You will have to keep a close eye on tired people, and may have to physically put hands on them if their muzzle is moving toward an unsafe direction. *Verifying everyone's rifle is unloaded as they arrive and leave your stage is YOUR responsibility, and is of the utmost importance. *You may have to DQ a competitor if they show up to your stage with a round in their chamber. *If a competitor shows up to the stage AFTER yours with a round in their chamber - I'm going to DQ that competitor, and then immediately call YOU to find out how you let a shooter leave your stage with a loaded rifle. *You'll need to read a short "script" to each competitor right before they shoot that gives a brief stage description. *If they have questions you can stand there and talk as long as they want, but since the stage description will be part of their run time we need to keep it as short and CONSISTENT from shooter to shooter as much as possible.

Now, the good:

You will be guaranteed a slot at the match, and will not have to fight in the bloodbath that will occur the minute registration opens! *Your registration fee is $0.00. *You get to help out a great charity and a bunch of VERY deserving folks who have already sacrificed more than you can even fathom for you. *This is your time to pay it back in a very small way.

You don't need a special "RO Certification" to work this match, but since it will be a tough match to work I'll need folks who are extra squared-away. *Preference will be given in the following order:

1. *If I know you personally and know I can count on you
    2. *If you've RO'd a Run N Gun before
    3. *If you've RO'd at Rockcastle before (or have completed their RO course)
    4. *If you've RO'd any 3-gun or action pistol/rifle match before

If you're interested, please send me an email at mstennett@twlakes.net and tell me a little about yourself and your experience. *

Sunday ROing will be much easier as you will be assigned a squad and you will shoot and move with them like a traditional 3-gun match. *5th Group will also be providing ROs too, so you’ll be working closely with them on both days.
    Last edited by Matt in TN; 08-03-17 at 10:15.