Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR: Dean Caputo AR Diagnostics and Pat Rogers Carbine Operators

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    Yep...I learned all kinds of crazy stuff that week.

Thanks again Jeff...I look forward to the next class and this time I'll drive.
    John considering how your trip started, you had a great attitude and you took it a lot better than I would have.

Again thanks for cooking.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootiewho View Post
    I made it out to the Caputo class before Pat rolled into town and Dean Caputo has forgotten more about the M4/AR15/M16 weapon system than most will ever know. Anyone who puts training and knowledge before buying toys and has not been to a Caputo class yet owes it to themselves to get out and make it to one of his classes. You will cut through years of figuring out stuff on your own from what he teaches in 2 days, especially diagnosing malfunctions. For what he charges for a class, it is a great value and he should probably charge more.

Jeff did a great job of getting this class together, and although it was a long drive up there it was worth it. I just hate I wasn't able to stay for Pat's class.
    Chad thank you and thanks for coming to the class. It was nice to see you again and I hope to see you again in the future.

Keep your eyes open for future classes to be held at this facility.
    Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 10-04-08 at 20:31.

Feedback Score
    Jeff, great job with the classes. Dean is a fun instructor. We learned a lot about the rifle as a system, not just how to keep them running. Good mix of like minded people. I enjoyed putting faces with names of several people from this and other boards. I look forward to training with you again.

Scott

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterp View Post
    Jeff, great job with the classes. Dean is a fun instructor. We learned a lot about the rifle as a system, not just how to keep them running. Good mix of like minded people. I enjoyed putting faces with names of several people from this and other boards. I look forward to training with you again.

Scott
    Thanks Scott.

With these two classes I learned a lot about hosting a class. Future classes will only get better.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFreuler View Post
    John considering how your trip started, you had a great attitude and you took it a lot better than I would have.
    I mostly give you the credit for that. I thought my head was going to explode but I didn't want to look like a schmuck.

Thank you very much Jeff for all the hard work and flexibility you showed. I appreciate your help and support in getting to and from the class. It was really nice of J. to give me a ride back.

I'm be proud to cook anytime for you guys. It was a wonderful experience in getting a chance to meet, socialize and basically live with these guys for a week. Everyone was really just cool. I loved Fayetteville SWAT pulling up with "Rage Against the Machine" blaring out of the speakers...and quoting South Park at the drop of a hat. "No Kittee".

The high speed guys (LEO and Mil) were always more than willing to talk and give advice to those of us without their credentials and really just hang out. These are the people we trust our lives to, and I was proud to see that this trust is not misplaced. Their quiet, confident, bearing inspired a lot of confidence.

I was amazed at the number of real trigger-pullers, with plenty of ELITE training under their belt, who got a lot out of the class. It provided an example to aspire to, and the realization that I need to take THIS class at least once and probably twice more. It also speaks to the quality of the material covered.

That Pat took as much of an interest in us as he did them speaks to his teaching philosophy. I've taken lessons from some excellent shooters, but not all of them can teach.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    What happened with the ND?

Feedback Score
    While conducting a shooting on the move course of fire Fat Bastard caught some hot brass down the back of his shirt from a very squared away Marine Major who thank goodness has excellent SA and realized since he was next to said Fat Bastard he should give him a couple of steps. Fat Bastard then begins to flail around like someone poured boiling water down his back, all the while keeping his extremely fat digit on the trigger! End result = ND in the ground about 6 inches in front of his target!

Pat had the foresight to be standing behind this scumbag when the incident occured, for some reason he just had a feeling he may have some issues shooting and walking since he couldn't shoot while stationary either! Pat took care of the situation by promptly punting said A-hole out the class, earning him a place on the NFE list!

I give the Major and Pat a lot of credit for handling the situation as they did. I happened to be about three firing positions away when this occurred. Had I been closer I cannot say I would have handled it as gracefully!
    "WORTHY OF TRUST AND CONFIDENCE"

Feedback Score
    I also thoroughly enjoyed these classes. It was my 2nd EAG carbine class and I'm definitely planning to attend more.

The aforementioned Marine Major was pretty impressive to watch, as was the Fayetteville guy who took top shooter (guy in first pic of Jeff's post). I watched intently as the latter shot both the graded drills. His muzzle control on a short-barrel with FS was better than most guys with brakes and compensators.

I also want to express my thanks to blue force gear, magpul and Bravocompany for all the goodies. They came in very handy!

thanks to Jeff and Pat and Mike, too!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

EAG Howell woods

Just wanted to chime in. As normal it was a great class. I never cease to be amazed at the quality of folks I meet at the classes. One student and I were in another class last fall. Great to see him again, a quality guy. As to Pat and Mike helping the invidual student who may be a bit below the SWAT/ instrauctor/ Marine WTB level. I have felt atht no materr who I was in a class with I received lots of individual attention and coaching (some times too much..). Pat and Mike do a great job of keeping every one moving along as a group, but also progresing as inviduals. I am addticted to the Qual Course, and miss it every day. Great guys, sans one, huge mean ass bugs. Well organized, Jeff great job.

Regards
    MTR7, AKA Matthew R.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Just wanted to say I had a great time shooting with you guys. I really appreciate the support provided by Bravo Company, LaRue, Magpul, Lancer, NCSHP Jeff Frueler and EAG Pat Rogers and AI Mike. I took home some good shooting drills and knowledge for our team here in Fayetteville. We had a blast. If we can do anything for you, let us know. In addition, I wanted to give props to the non LEO/Mil guys in the class in their quest to learn how shoot, fight, and maintain their weapons system properly by taking this course and courses like this. As we all know, there are some irresponsible gun owners out there who have more money than common sense and don't get the proper training or just don't listen. We all saw one that got canned. RIGHT ON PAT!!!

PEACE OUT!!

Sgt M. Ruff
    FPD ERT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12