Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1st 1911..which one ?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'll just throw my three dimes in here too and agree with the smart guy- theJanitor is pretty much hittin' that nail on the head- if you want a great entry 1911, go with the SA and get a good "reliability package." Don't even shoot it- just hand carry it from the FFL straight to the friendly neighborhood gunsmith that specializes in 1911s, and hand him the box. If he's tits, you'll have a sweet easily moddable, reliable 1911... you can upgrade sights, grips, backstrap, trig, etc, after you've blown a few boxes of ammo and keep reading up and know what you'd like to see on it.

There is no stock, out-of-the-box, ready-to-go 1911.

HK USP45 is a freaken great duty sidearm, if your department policy permits.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i dunno if i'd walk it down to my local 'smith unless he was really well known. the 1911 that i really trust came from a custom gunsmith, the rest have all needed tweaking as well.

Doc, every "professional" that i've seen has been well over $2000. does that mean that the OP's request (around $1000) is unreasonable? What can we suggest to help him out in that respect?
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    There are no acceptable 1911's ready for hard use at under $1000. At that price point get an M&P, HK45, or if you are not set on .45 ACP, consider a G17/19.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234