Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Profile War Belts with Velcro to Inner Belt (Crye or Ronin, etc.) ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lower Profile War Belts with Velcro to Inner Belt (Crye or Ronin, etc.) ?

Lower Profile War Belts with outer Velcro'd to Inner Belt (Crye or Ronin, etc.) ?

Since these outer war belts must line up precisely with the velcro of the inner belt thru your belt loops location, do the outer belts sit where you want them? I just worry that I would get rid of my Brokos belt and find that I wished the lower profile belts like the Crye or the Ronin sat higher over the points of my hips or something, so I guess I just want to know does the outer belt sit where you want it or is it a compromise that it sits a little low to work with this system?

God Bless
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've got a ronin tactics task force belt and I personally really like it a lot. I've had no problems with where it sits. My only gripe (and it's probably just me being dumb) but I don't like the fact that i have to tuck my shirt in to run it. I've actually been looking at the tyr brokos belt as a possible replacement. I may try their belt pad and see if maybe then I'll keep it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you have any questions feel free to message me

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I used to have the Velocity OUB but traded it in for a Crye MRB a little over a year ago because I wanted something that would shift less. I like where the Crye sits, I personally wouldn't want it any higher than my waist and if I don't want to tuck my shirt in, I can just wear my normal EDC belt and put the entire MRB over my shirt, which I'll often do if it's a static range. Being able to velcro it on to the inner pants belt gives it significantly more security though, which I'm also a fan of. The only down side is that the molle belt is flimsy. It moves with your body so it is more comfortable in that sense, but I don't think it would work too well if holding up a pistol. Ironman mentioned the same concern over PM, I believe he sold his for that reason. It doesn't bother me too much since I run a drop leg. The Ronin and Volund belts are designed to be stiffer I think, which would work better for a belt mounted gun. The pants belt on the Crye is pretty stiff though so that's good.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Check out the G-Code Operator Belt. I like the design of the inner belt, quick to get on an off as you don't have to cinch and line it up once its set.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The ronin task force is super stiff! I currently run a pistol mounted directly on it and it doesn't move. It can make mounting pouches with malice clips a nightmare but I think the extra stiffness is worth it.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    i've been using a jones tactical fat zombie belt for a few years now and really like it. it doesn't move around and carries weight well. the ride height works good with a plate carrier also.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Given I prefer to wear a belt directly at my waist line: yes, it rides where I want it.

I'm currently using the AWS Light Assaulter Belt (basically the Ronin belt without the built in MOLLE) and I love it. Also, the velcro holds well enough to do casualty drags with a RAT strap, so no worries about it coming loose during hard use.

Feedback Score
    I have a Tyr Tactical Gun Fighter belt Kit that is great. Low profile and high quality.

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/...ive-equipment/
    Last edited by SCULLY; 08-10-17 at 06:57.

Feedback Score
    I have multiple belts, including the Ronin, which is my favorite. I love where it sits. If I don't want to tuck in a shirt I just put the HSGI liner on and wear it that way. It does not shift other than riding up in back a hair after sitting when worn with no inner velcro, but wearing the HSGI liner. The reason the Ronin is best is the 3/4" negative space that takes out the slack when mounting MOLLE gear vs the tradirional 1" space like Volund or Tyr. Ronin 1.75" and limited thickness holds more holsters since it is not as thick as say the Volund, and is faster to get on due to not having to pass the belt through an inner loop like the Volund. I also prefer the inner belt to have the loop Velcro, since that is what wears out and the inner belt is a cheap replacement. Also the inner belt won't tear up your clothes if you take the outter belt off. Other belts that gave this reversed, like Tyr, are a bigger pain in the ass both long and short term.

So yeah, the concept is perfect, you can wear it either with a liner belt or HSGI liner like a traditional warbelt, and Ronin is the best iteration due to a number of factors that affect stability, speed of donning, holster compatibility, etc.
    Last edited by DevL; 08-17-17 at 06:34.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast