Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Profile War Belts with Velcro to Inner Belt (Crye or Ronin, etc.) ?

Feedback Score
    I'm in the market for one of these belts. Why do you have to tuck in your shirt with the Ronin?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trackmagic View Post
    I'm in the market for one of these belts. Why do you have to tuck in your shirt with the Ronin?
    Because it is a two belt system. The outer belt is secured to the inner belt via Velcro. The inner belt is threaded through the loops of your pants.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Wanted to get in on this, as I am looking at my first battle belt setup also. Pretty much everything is 1.75"?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I used to have the Velocity OUB but traded it in for a Crye MRB a little over a year ago because I wanted something that would shift less. I like where the Crye sits, I personally wouldn't want it any higher than my waist and if I don't want to tuck my shirt in, I can just wear my normal EDC belt and put the entire MRB over my shirt, which I'll often do if it's a static range. Being able to velcro it on to the inner pants belt gives it significantly more security though, which I'm also a fan of. The only down side is that the molle belt is flimsy. It moves with your body so it is more comfortable in that sense, but I don't think it would work too well if holding up a pistol. Ironman mentioned the same concern over PM, I believe he sold his for that reason. It doesn't bother me too much since I run a drop leg. The Ronin and Volund belts are designed to be stiffer I think, which would work better for a belt mounted gun. The pants belt on the Crye is pretty stiff though so that's good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I ran a MRB previously and really liked it. I remedied the stiffness by using cobra buckle belt in place of the inner belt. But in the end I went back to the original inner belt as I found it to be more comfortable using my safariland ALS holster and UBL adapter.

I'm looking to put together another one but with a 1.75" loop belt from Volund instead.

The Ronin belt looks interesting though. How well does it work with a safariland holster and mount though? Or do guys just mount the holster to the inner belt? Just looks a bit thick to thread the holster over.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang31 View Post
    Because it is a two belt system. The outer belt is secured to the inner belt via Velcro. The inner belt is threaded through the loops of your pants.
    Gotcha, sounds the same as the other belts I was looking at.

Feedback Score
    Another Ronin TF owner here. If you don't mind dropping that cash it has no equal IMHO. Super well built, stiff, and stays completely put. By far my favorite belt.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by graffex; 08-23-17 at 19:08.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I switched from the ATS belt that is similar to a Brokos or OUB to a Tyr belt that seems to be virtually idendical to the Ronin TF.

I was on the fence of Ronin vs Tyr; Tyr won due to their Southern Pines shop being local to me and I believe it costs a little less.

It was absolutely money well spent. I usually wear my pistol holster on the stiff inner belt and all the other kit on the outer molle belt. However when doing stuff with frequent donning and doffing I put the holster on the outer belt. I also usually wear my shirts untucked and it works fine. Just when you put it on sweep the shirt clear of your holster and kit. If you want pics or specific version information (they have several) PM me.

Also their customer service is next to none.

Really; either Tyr or Ronin would be a good investment in this style of belt.

*recomend getting the version with the loop velcro on the inner belt.
    Last edited by norbis; 09-03-17 at 06:52.

Feedback Score
    I rock a Ronin Senshi belt. It is tough, stiff as can be, and holds the load well. Were I in the market for another belt (and I will be in the not too distant future), I'd be getting either another Ronin belt or an AWS belt. Everything I've ever gotten from AWS was spot on, and probably the best kit for the money I've ever found in the expensive world of overly manly, shit-brown nylon.

Yes, you will have to tuck your shirt in with either one.

The advantages of the two belt system are just too many for me to ever go back. Also, the inner belt being so big means that you get full adherence from the outer, meaning that it won't ride up on you. Another big advantage is that the micro molle is on the exterior of the outer belt, and as a result, anything that you attach to the exterior does not in any way compromise the amount of velcro contact between the inner and outer belt, ensuring a good hold. I'd still want to get a set of keepers of some kind; any sort of device that can loop around both the inner and outer belt and be secured, which will keep the belt in place should you be low crawling like Solid Snake or some shit.

Mine holds a minimalist first line (2 x pistol, 1-2x rifle, IFAK, G19 in a 6378, handheld light, possibly a multitool), keeps the load tight to my body, isn't too heavy, isn't bulky at all, has rock solid lock up between belts, stays in place during movement... It's basically The Dream. One of the advantages to how slim and tight the system can be is that slim and tight pouches, like the BFG micro whisper, collapse so close to your waist line that they can disappear between larger parts of the rig. I have a couple that I can pop on near the 1 oclock ahead of my holster that I use for multi-tool, flashlight, etc., and they just disappear when I don't want to stuff anything in there.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 09-04-17 at 00:36. Reason: BFG pouches

Feedback Score
    The AWS belt is the same as ronnin I've been told they actually make the belt for them and it's cheaper getting it from AWS.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    The AWS belt is the same as ronnin I've been told they actually make the belt for them and it's cheaper getting it from AWS.
    Edit- forgot the AWS uses individual Molle panels.
    Yeah, you can potentially save some money going with the AWS version, it just depends on how much of their stuff you need to buy....
    The standard AWS belt w/o D-ring + 4 Molle panels is $90- that's not that far off a Crye MRB, for something that functions more or less the same, given the full-size MOLLE panels and all...
    The only edge the AWS really has there is it's a little more modular if you want to run both MOLLE and standard Belt mounted pouches/gear.
    Which is why if I ever got one of these belt systems I'd probably go with the AWS.....
    So, anyways... there's a point in that rambling there somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    ....The Ronin belt looks interesting though. How well does it work with a safariland holster and mount though? Or do guys just mount the holster to the inner belt? Just looks a bit thick to thread the holster over.
    Per Graffex's pictures, you would use a standard webbing strap DL attachment.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 09-07-17 at 13:29.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast