Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lower Profile War Belts with Velcro to Inner Belt (Crye or Ronin, etc.) ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle
    The Ronin belt looks interesting though. How well does it work with a safariland holster and mount though? Or do guys just mount the holster to the inner belt? Just looks a bit thick to thread the holster over.
    20170907_155638.jpg
    20170907_155830.jpg

I have my UBL mounted through the outer belt, and it works just fine. I have run it mounted to the inner belt, too. Mounting it to the inner belt is handy, especially if you have a clip-on mag carrier. I can have the inner belt with the safariland holster on it, keeping my pistol on me without the rest of my rig, and slap on an extra mag or two. When it's time to gear up, pull the clip-on mag off the inner belt, throw on the outer rig, and it's time to do grunt stuff.

PS I usually run a thigh strap on the UBL to keep it from bouncing around, but it's on a low-ride rig for work currently. If you haven't tried it, you should. Mid/low ride UBL with a thigh strap makes for a optimal height for my ape-index, without having to go to an actual thigh rig / drop leg, which I can't friggin stand.

eta: can't get the pic to not be upside down... eff it, just read this while upside down.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 09-07-17 at 16:13.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I just got the Senshi Belt in and figured I'd share my primary thoughts. First, the MOLLE is very close together, it must just about the minimum diameter to still work as MOLLE, because some of my pouches are either right on top of eachother or required a buffer row in between, such as the Velocity Systems Micro Diddie dump pouch. Not unusable, but close. I do appreciate how many rows of MOLLE there are though. Second, is the inner belt. Its not bad, but its also not as good as it could be. I think the Crye MRB has a superior inner belt system. It is just a velcro belt, so you can't easily tighten or loosen it. That makes it less ideal as an actual belt to keep your pants up, but also can lead to a little instability when putting the outer belt on. Its also a 2" belt, so it can be a pain in the ass to thread into many pants. I'm planning on getting a 1.75" Volund Atlas G-Hook liner belt to use as my inner belt. The g-hook is super low-profile and will allow me to adjust tension just like a normal belt should. Hopefully the 1.75" width is enough to stabilize the outer belt while also being a little easier to thread into belt loops. Its unfortunate because the Senshi belt is not cheap, but I think that it'd work well. As far as holsters, I have the old school RTI belt slide on mine at the moment, but will transition to either the newer version that is less bulky or the rotating tactical belt mount. I just wish you could get the latter with loop lining on the inside.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I also have a Ronin belt, although I don't remember which model I have. Whichever one comes in black, I feel like there was only one model available...maybe Task Force? Regardless, it's been by far the best belt option I've found. I've looked at a larger styler battle belt, even tried going to one a few weeks ago. I switched all my stuff over to a HSGI belt, and the whole thing weighed as much as my loaded Ronin belt. The HSGI was way too bulky and heavy for my liking and I immediately went back to the Ronin. The only issue I have with the Ronin is how narrow the molle rows are. I was having an issue with my pistol mag pouches rotating at an odd angle when seated. I've since found a way to fix that issue, and am in love with the belt.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Hopefully the 1.75" width is enough to stabilize the outer belt while also being a little easier to thread into belt loops.
    It should work-- Ronin Tactics also sell a 1.5" inner belt separately for those who want a more loop-friendly belt. I do agree that the inner belt isn't as refined as the MRB. However, this is still the best belt system I've tried in a while.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    I also have a Ronin belt, although I don't remember which model I have. Whichever one comes in black, I feel like there was only one model available...maybe Task Force? Regardless, it's been by far the best belt option I've found. I've looked at a larger styler battle belt, even tried going to one a few weeks ago. I switched all my stuff over to a HSGI belt, and the whole thing weighed as much as my loaded Ronin belt. The HSGI was way too bulky and heavy for my liking and I immediately went back to the Ronin. The only issue I have with the Ronin is how narrow the molle rows are. I was having an issue with my pistol mag pouches rotating at an odd angle when seated. I've since found a way to fix that issue, and am in love with the belt.
    What pouches?

Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    It should work-- Ronin Tactics also sell a 1.5" inner belt separately for those who want a more loop-friendly belt. I do agree that the inner belt isn't as refined as the MRB. However, this is still the best belt system I've tried in a while.
    I didn’t know that, but unfortunately that one doesn’t have any type of tension adjustment either. I think that at the very least, you should be able to choose inner belt width when ordering. I still have my MRB and have that inner belt a shot with the Ronin outer belt, seemed like it’d work very well.

So far I’m very pleased, just think it could be better with a little more refinement. The Velcro is super sticky though, which is awesome. Those two aren’t coming undone unintentionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What pouches?

I didn’t know that, but unfortunately that one doesn’t have any type of tension adjustment either. I think that at the very least, you should be able to choose inner belt width when ordering. I still have my MRB and have that inner belt a shot with the Ronin outer belt, seemed like it’d work very well.

So far I’m very pleased, just think it could be better with a little more refinement. The Velcro is super sticky though, which is awesome. Those two aren’t coming undone unintentionally.

They're the Tactical Tailor Fight Light pouches. I was having issues with the malice clips rotating in certain positions. To put it into perspective, I'm a narcotics detective for a big city that runs multiple warrants, vehicle assaults, close cover on bigger buys/deals, whatever the case may be, so I can sometimes get crammed into smaller spaces. My little bit of a belly doesn't help either. I dropped the pouch down a notch on the belt, instead of running it in the middle slot of the pouches, and it works just fine.

I brought the issue up to to a SOF guy who's assigned to our office, and he said the narrow molle rows and possible pouches canting was the reason he didn't order a Ronin yet. I just verified it for him. I think he's going to end up ordering one. He's issue a Crye belt, but wants to replace it with the Ronin.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    They're the Tactical Tailor Fight Light pouches. I was having issues with the malice clips rotating in certain positions. To put it into perspective, I'm a narcotics detective for a big city that runs multiple warrants, vehicle assaults, close cover on bigger buys/deals, whatever the case may be, so I can sometimes get crammed into smaller spaces. My little bit of a belly doesn't help either. I dropped the pouch down a notch on the belt, instead of running it in the middle slot of the pouches, and it works just fine.

I brought the issue up to to a SOF guy who's assigned to our office, and he said the narrow molle rows and possible pouches canting was the reason he didn't order a Ronin yet. I just verified it for him. I think he's going to end up ordering one. He's issue a Crye belt, but wants to replace it with the Ronin.
    Huh. I’m using Tacos which also use a malice clip so we’ll see if I have the same issue. I wouldn’t think that the width of the MOLLE would matter for that though, as long as there is more than one row. The Crye worked very well for me, but I do wish the MOLLE sleeve was a little more stiff.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just got the Senshi Belt in and figured I'd share my primary thoughts. First, the MOLLE is very close together, it must just about the minimum diameter to still work as MOLLE, because some of my pouches are either right on top of eachother or required a buffer row in between, such as the Velocity Systems Micro Diddie dump pouch. Not unusable, but close. I do appreciate how many rows of MOLLE there are though. Second, is the inner belt. Its not bad, but its also not as good as it could be. I think the Crye MRB has a superior inner belt system. It is just a velcro belt, so you can't easily tighten or loosen it. That makes it less ideal as an actual belt to keep your pants up, but also can lead to a little instability when putting the outer belt on. Its also a 2" belt, so it can be a pain in the ass to thread into many pants. I'm planning on getting a 1.75" Volund Atlas G-Hook liner belt to use as my inner belt. The g-hook is super low-profile and will allow me to adjust tension just like a normal belt should. Hopefully the 1.75" width is enough to stabilize the outer belt while also being a little easier to thread into belt loops. Its unfortunate because the Senshi belt is not cheap, but I think that it'd work well. As far as holsters, I have the old school RTI belt slide on mine at the moment, but will transition to either the newer version that is less bulky or the rotating tactical belt mount. I just wish you could get the latter with loop lining on the inside.

FWIW I have been using a volund gear works Micro Battle belt for over 2 years now. Originally had the g-hook liner belt for about a year and then switched to the volund velcro-only inner belt and haven't looked back. I always felt the g hook belt was too bully under the battle belt and lost some hook and loop contact between the battle belt and inner belt due to the section wit the g hook and surrounding one wrap material that wasn't as grippy as standard loop material. The g hook belt is now my everyday/concealed carry belt and I also haven't looked back since switching to that for everday use.

For those looking for a lo profile war belt the new Volund Gear micro batttle belt V3 is a winner, and adresses some of the issues I had with with my original version (which is still a really great belt, but the V3 is better imo)
    Last edited by drummerdude1188; 12-11-17 at 23:55.

Feedback Score
    I brought the issue up to to a SOF guy who's assigned to our office, and he said the narrow molle rows and possible pouches canting was the reason he didn't order a Ronin yet.
    I have no such canting issues on my pouches. Kywis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdude1188 View Post
    FWIW I have been using a volund gear works Micro Battle belt for over 2 years now. Originally had the g-hook liner belt for about a year and then switched to the volund velcro-only inner belt and haven't looked back. I always felt the g hook belt was too bully under the battle belt and lost some hook and loop contact between the battle belt and inner belt due to the section wit the g hook and surrounding one wrap material that wasn't as grippy as standard loop material. The g hook belt is now my everyday/concealed carry belt and I also haven't looked back since switching to that for everday use.

For those looking for a lo profile war belt the new Volund Gear micro batttle belt V3 is a winner, and adresses some of the issues I had with with my original version (which is still a really great belt, but the V3 is better imo)
    I was actually debating between the Volund and Ronin, and chose the latter because I never really saw much on the Volund. I’ve had two of their g-hook belts for years and they’ve been really good. Maybe I’ll just hang on to my MRB and use that inner belt since it appears to work and I won’t get much more out of it than the cost of a different inner belt.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast