Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for a 44 Magnum?

Feedback Score

Suggestions for a 44 Magnum?

I have a 7.5" 629 Hunter 44 Mag. I just intend to carry this on my Property or a backup when hunting, when I don't feel like carrying my 454 Casull Ruger Alaskan....

What do you recommend? Obviously, it is not for SD. Should I get an Alaskan 44 or some other S&W 44 revolver? I'm also open to not getting anything.

I'm just in the contemplation phase. I have a few revolvers of various sizes already. I'm a reloader, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Can you help me convince my wife that I should be able to have at least 1/2 of a collection that size???

Seriously, if it were ME and I just had to have another big wheel gun... My next acquisition will be an older model S&W 629 mountain gun. If not that, a 629 Classic DX.

Honestly, I think you could probably make do with something you have pictured. NICE WORK!
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Choose the middle one.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Can you help me convince my wife that I should be able to have at least 1/2 of a collection that size???

Seriously, if it were ME and I just had to have another big wheel gun... My next acquisition will be an older model S&W 629 mountain gun. If not that, a 629 Classic DX.

Honestly, I think you could probably make do with something you have pictured. NICE WORK!
    Just say there are an abundance of bears in the area.

9 of these have been acquired in the past 9 months. The other three are older.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I'm a fan of the MG format, particularly for packing.

A cast, Keith type 250+- gr. or WFNGC at 1100 FPS will shoot through about anything you'll encounter.
    Pair of 629-4's, pre lock/MIM:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post

A cast, Keith type 250+- gr. or WFNGC at 1100 FPS will shoot through about anything you'll encounter.
    Pair of 629-4's, pre lock/MIM:

Those are gorgeous. Love the grips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Thank you.

They are Herrett "Shooting Masters" that I've modified to allow easier double action trigger work.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Same here. Nice blasters.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I would get a Mountain Gun or 329 PD. There are also the five-shot 44 Specials from S&W and Ruger to consider if you're interested. Is that a Tolkat Ruger .454 in the upper left of the photo? I might just carry that.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thank you.

They are Herrett "Shooting Masters" that I've modified to allow easier double action trigger work.

Not to drift too far off topic, but what mods did you do those Shooting Masters? I've got a pair that I've been thinking of shaping more along the lines of my Jordan Troopers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast