G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Colt Delta AR Hbar collectibility

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

    Colt Delta AR Hbar collectibility

    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Yeah, I've seen a handful that didn't have the symbol that I'm sure were original guns. Not something I'd bother to change out, especially on what looks like a sporter model (no bayo lug). It's got the correct scope, cheek riser, sling, etc. so that's probably how it came from the factory.

    Neat rifles and the price is a steal plus the bonus of how valuable everything that belonged to your father will be one day.
    Thanks steyr - he has an excellent collection and that has been one of the things we bonded over the years with. Now if he would just sell me his H&K 94 or 91 (green furniture) I'd be happier!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dcr5595; 08-21-17 at 09:12.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    23,769
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcr5595 View Post
    Thanks steyr - he has an excellent collection and that has been one of the things we bonded over the years with. Now if he would just give sell me his H&K 94 or 91 (green furniture) I'd be happier!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here. I started collecting guns and going to gun shows with my dad when I was in the 4th grade. My advice is to source your own 91 and 94 because when his become yours one day, it will have a different feel.

    There are a couple of my fathers 1911s that I won't even shoot because he was the last person to shoot them and I want to leave it that way.
    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic, porn admiring gun owner who believes in self determination.

    Chuck, we miss ya man.

    كافر

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    317
    Feedback Score
    0
    I had the Delta Elite, would never buy it again but they are kinda rare because they weren't something you would just walk into a gun store and buy it. it was a ordered item. And yes that is an original grip because the Elite had the medallion.
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    ďAn armed society is a polite society.Ē
    - Robert Heinlein

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    23,769
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassIIIGunsmith View Post
    I had the Delta Elite, would never buy it again but they are kinda rare because they weren't something you would just walk into a gun store and buy it. it was a ordered item. And yes that is an original grip because the Elite had the medallion.
    I've seen more than a few without the medallion grip. I think it's more common to the later Delta Hbar "sporters" that were produced after the clinton ban which had no bayo lug and were marked "Sporter" rather than "AR-15." I don't think anyone was swapping them out in the secondary market, I suspect Colt simply ran out of medallion grips and just installed A2 grips until the discontinued that model.

    And not sure about the gun stores in your area, but I saw a few in gun stores down here and always saw them at gun shows. For me the draw was always the hard case package and the NM sling. I knew the scope was a Japanese made Tasco and I was pretty sure the actual Delta guys didn't have medallion markings on their weapons so it was hard for me not to look at the rifle like some kind of Franklin Mint commemorative rifle.

    My plan was always to buy one and swap out the Tasco for a higher grade Leupold scope, but I never got around to it.
    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic, porn admiring gun owner who believes in self determination.

    Chuck, we miss ya man.

    كافر

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    455
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Same here. I started collecting guns and going to gun shows with my dad when I was in the 4th grade. My advice is to source your own 91 and 94 because when his become yours one day, it will have a different feel.

    There are a couple of my fathers 1911s that I won't even shoot because he was the last person to shoot them and I want to leave it that way.
    As did I but I think I started around the 1st grade with my father going to shows/gunshops. He passed 2yrs ago and I have all his guns now. I still have mags loaded that he loaded last untouched. As far as shooting the guns, there is a piece that wants to shoot them since I know he would want me to. I still find myself wanting to call him to discuss guns and plan our next shooting trip.

    Sorry for the off-topic.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    N. Alabama
    Posts
    2,042
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    As did I but I think I started around the 1st grade with my father going to shows/gunshops. He passed 2yrs ago and I have all his guns now. I still have mags loaded that he loaded last untouched. As far as shooting the guns, there is a piece that wants to shoot them since I know he would want me to. I still find myself wanting to call him to discuss guns and plan our next shooting trip.

    Sorry for the off-topic.
    Just lost my dad last summer and I know exactly how you feel. I gave some of his guns to my nephew with strict instructions that if he EVER thinks of selling them, to let me buy them back from him.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    nice gun but won't ever be worth a ton

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Free State of Nebraska
    Posts
    5,300
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    OP,

    Colt slabside lower preban guns of the late 1980s don't have the collectability that people think they do. They are not desirable due to the large front pivot pin.

    Collectors don't want them unless they are truly NIB. That means the gun is unfired and the accessory pack, box, clear bag, and box insert have never been messed with. That means the accessory pack has never been opened. That means the end label on the box is fully intact with no handwriting on it.

    Retro clone builders don't want them because of the large front pivot pin.

    Most people in ban states don't want them because of the large front pivot pin.

    The only people that buy them would be someone in a ban state that is desperate to find a preban lower.

    Unless it is truly NIB, then I would not place too much value on it. I wouldn't have more than $1500 invested in it.
    Last edited by scottryan; 10-10-17 at 17:35.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    1500? i would stay closer to 1100

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    OP,

    Colt slabside lower preban guns of the late 1980s don't have the collectability that people think they do. They are not desirable due to the large front pivot pin.

    Collectors don't want them unless they are truly NIB. That means the gun is unfired and the accessory pack, box, clear bag, and box insert have never been messed with. That means the accessory pack has never been opened. That means the end label on the box is fully intact with no handwriting on it.

    Retro clone builders don't want them because of the large front pivot pin.

    Most people in ban states don't want them because of the large front pivot pin.

    The only people that buy them would be someone in a ban state that is desperate to find a preban lower.

    Unless it is truly NIB, then I would not place too much value on it. I wouldn't have more than $1500 invested in it.
    Thanks to scottryan and all of the others than have offered sage guidance! The day after Vegas my dad said that he would hold on to it. Oh well, Iím glad I didnít spend the $1,100 he wanted for it for something that would just sit in the safe!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •