Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ithaca shotguns

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Ahh, yes. I found that out the hard way. My very first issued long gun was an Ithaca 37. Went out to the range to qualify and handled it like all pumps- shuck the pump in recoil so I am back on target when it comes back down and ready to fire. However, I kept my finger on the trigger and didn't reset as I stroked it forward into battery. Bam, buckshot goes over the berm into the trees.
    I was the opposite, I grew up a M12 and the first time I handled a Mossberg 500 I thought it was broken because it wouldn't slam fire.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Love mine. It's a D.S. Police special, nothing special but it always puts pellets where I aim it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I used one for my first few years on Patrol and always appreciated their smooth actions and light weight.

Several years ago the Dept. sold off their remaining stock to us and I got to pick a pretty decent barely fired one from a couple hundred laid out in a loading port. Although it had some weird nylon stock so I replaced with a new wood one from Boyd's. They even had spare ID tags for us to sort thru to put back on the bottom of the "pistol" grip to truly replicate their original duty status. Turns out they were originally made from old equine license tags just flipped over and restamped and I very luckily found one with my serial#.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Dennis - that is awesome. I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment.

Stick - I know a retired LAPD LT that spent his career in Metro. He's coming here to Texas this fall to teach a pistol class. I'll pick his brain about the 37 then. He will undoubtedly have some good tips for us all.

Feedback Score
    Ithaca had a program back in the 1970's (?) whereby if a police officer ordered one of their LE-type shotguns, Ithaca would match the serial number to their badge number.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123