Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a PA non-resident permit?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Bucks?
    According to PA folk out that way, being stuck between NJ & Philthy leads to some "subjective interpretation" to PA law, vis-a-vis firearms, LTCF issuance, and the like.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    According to PA folk out that way, being stuck between NJ & Philthy leads to some "subjective interpretation" to PA law, vis-a-vis firearms, LTCF issuance, and the like.
    Some of that is not exactly correct. No fingerprints. DL only for ID verification. I just did mine in February, took 5 min. It actually took longer to wait in line then it was to do the process. No one was called or visited. The sheriff wants to add 2 full time deputies and 6 part time people to help when it gets really busy, all to check references. Meanwhile they have 45 days and something like 30 people a day renewing/applying.
    Last edited by Arik; 04-03-19 at 22:48.

Feedback Score
    ANY county NOT named "Allegheny," "Bucks," "Montgomery," "Philadelphia," or "Delaware," shouldn't be much of a hassle.
    My PA NR permit and every renewal have been issued by DE county.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

I've never had a problem getting MY LTCF (I'm on my third) in Allegheny Co., even though the city is run by Demtards - but I know people who have. I've never been closer to Philthy than Coatesville (once), so all I know about that area & suburbs, is whatever scuttlebutt I hear on forums, from people who ARE there. YMMV.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Getting a PA non-resident permit?

I've never had a problem getting MY LTCF (I'm on my third) in Allegheny Co., even though the city is run by Demtards - but I know people who have. I've never been closer to Philthy than Coatesville (once), so all I know about that area & suburbs, is whatever scuttlebutt I hear on forums, from people who ARE there. YMMV.
    You’ve been to Coatesville and didn’t decide to stay permanently? Lol! By the way, PA is a shall issue state, Pittsburg and Philadelphia are no exception. The only thing you can’t do in Philly is open carry without a LTCF. Which I can’t imagine why you would want to open carry if you’re licensed to carry concealed. Also if I remember correctly, knives are technically illegal to carry in Philly unless they are needed for your trade.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 04-05-19 at 04:59.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Allegheny Co is Pittsburg right?
    Last edited by Arik; 04-04-19 at 19:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Allegedly Co is Pittsburg right?
    Correct.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Allegheny Co is PittsburgH right?
    You're NOT in KS anymore, Toto.

The Sheriff's Office has 45 days to process a LTCF. In Allegheny Co. at least, you can COUNT on your first approval arriving in the mail AFTER Day 40.

Requirements, for the interested - https://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-info...nsylvania.aspx

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You're NOT in KS anymore, Toto.

The Sheriff's Office has 45 days to process a LTCF. In Allegheny Co. at least, you can COUNT on your first approval arriving in the mail AFTER Day 40.

Requirements, for the interested - https://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-info...nsylvania.aspx
    Yeah...in 5 words I had 2 misspellings. Originally misspelled Allegheny as well!

All counties are different. Bucks straight up gives it to you right on the spot unless you're at a substation, in which case it can take 2 weeks. When I first got mine in 01 they mailed it out and it was nothing but a piece of paper with a black and white photocopy of your DL picture!

Not sure on MontCo and it's been years since I knew what Philly did. Although a few years ago Philly got sued and now they have to give it within 45 days regardless

Feedback Score
    At one point in time, Berks Co had sub locations set up to process permits. They were extremely CCW friendly. Don't remember if they were given on the spot, but it was very quick. Chester Co used to be same day if I remember correctly. Don't know what they do now.

Things seem to change fairly quickly depending on a new sheriff being elected.

Del co used to be quick to remind you it was 45 BUSINESS days, but the last renewal I got from them was actually very quick. Couple weeks at best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast