Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a PA non-resident permit?

Feedback Score

Getting a PA non-resident permit?

I know this has been talked about in the past. I had a PA non-resident permit years ago and for no good reason never renewed it. IIRC, I got it out of Centre County???

I heard a lot has changed and would like the skinny from those that know the best way to go about getting another non-res. permit from our good neighbors to our south.

If it matters I'm in Central New Yorkistan so a County south of Binghamton would help if I have to drive (straight down Rt. 81). However I'll travel farther if necessary....obviously!

Thanks, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    I know this has been talked about in the past. I had a PA non-resident permit years ago and for no good reason never renewed it. IIRC, I got it out of Centre County???

I heard a lot has changed and would like the skinny from those that know the best way to go about getting another non-res. permit from our good neighbors to our south.

If it matters I'm in Central New Yorkistan so a County south of Binghamton would help if I have to drive (straight down Rt. 81). However I'll travel farther if necessary....obviously!

Thanks, NYH1.
    When the hoe from Phila was elected PA AG (fortunately she is going to jail), she prohibited MOST non-residents from obtaining a PA NR permit. If you don't have a permit from your home state, you are prohibited from obtaining a PA non-resident permit. Of course there is a loop-hole, secure a NH NR permit and you can then legally carry in PA, as many of us from MD have done.

A license shall not be issued to any of the following:
    (ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury under 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(19) (relating to definitions).
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 09-30-17 at 13:04.

Feedback Score
    platoonDaddy: That dishonorable human being was from Scranton, not Philly. Even Fast Eddie Rendell wasn't as ****ed up as she was.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea, if needed... get a NH permit. Most NJ residents get it for that. FL, AZ, and UT permits, which are common ones people get, do not allow a person to carry in PA, unless one is a resident permit. NH is the only non-resident permit valid within PA.

Good thing, it is probably one of the easiest permits to get. Think it is a form and a check (probably a NICS, then issued).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hile View Post
    platoonDaddy: That dishonorable human being was from Scranton, not Philly. Even Fast Eddie Rendell wasn't as ****ed up as she was.
    LOL on Fast Eddie.

Stand corrected, thought she was a Philly girl. Whatever happened to her sister?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Yea, if needed... get a NH permit. Most NJ residents get it for that. FL, AZ, and UT permits, which are common ones people get, do not allow a person to carry in PA, unless one is a resident permit. NH is the only non-resident permit valid within PA.

Good thing, it is probably one of the easiest permits to get. Think it is a form and a check (probably a NICS, then issued).
    Took me less than a week to receive my NH permit. They love the money, MD & Jersey are funneling into the state.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Update on former PA AG Kane - Disbarred
    "Former Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane is losing her law license, a few months after she began a jail sentence for perjury, obstruction and other counts.

The Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania issued a disbarment order on Friday."

https://www.wpxi.com/news/pennsylvan...ed-1/933160110

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will be interesting to see what happens with Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas.

Pittsburgh approves gun-control bills; opponents threaten suit against city

Pittsburgh City Council approved three gun-control bills Tuesday in a 6-3 final vote that attracted gun-rights advocates and family members of Tree of Life victims to council chambers — and the threat of lawsuits.

The bills that would ban the use of certain assault-style weapons and ammunition as well as allow courts to temporarily confiscate weapons from those who post an “extreme risk” to themselves or others were introduced just weeks after a gunman killed 11 worshipers and wounded others at the Squirrel Hill synagogue.
    https://www.post-gazette.com/news/po...s/201904020089

Feedback Score
    I just picked by PA NR permit up last Friday in Adams County (Gettysburg). Very easy process.

Fill out online application. Mail it with copy of DL and resident CCW permit to the sheriff's office.

A week or so later, you get a letter from the sheriff saying you are approved.

Bring the letter, DL, and $20 to the sheriff office. Photo. Laminate. Out the door you go.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    ANY county NOT named "Allegheny," "Bucks," "Montgomery," "Philadelphia," or "Delaware," shouldn't be much of a hassle.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    ANY county NOT named "Allegheny," "Bucks," "Montgomery," "Philadelphia," or "Delaware," shouldn't be much of a hassle.
    Bucks?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast