• M&P 9L

14 24.14%
  • Glock 19

44 75.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P 9L or Glock 19?

Feedback Score

M&P 9L or Glock 19?

So I won a NRA raffle this weekend, and I have the choice. I am well versed with the Glock, and have heard great things about the M&P. I just can’t make up my mind. I do need a new EDC, so the Glock is edging out the long M&P at the moment, but I cloud use some input. Thanks.
    "Hey John, don't fu*# up!" Pat Rogers.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'd get the 9L, I like G19s but not Gen3 19s.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I'd get the 9L, I like G19s but not Gen3 19s.
    GotM4, What causes you to dislike Gen 3 G19s?

Feedback Score
    I have full size auto’s coming out of my ears, and the only reason I would go with the 9L is for a new production division gun. I am currently using the USP with the “Thacker” job on it, and it rocks out. I can’t see a need to change. Besides, if I go with the M&P, I will need to pick up a metric but load of mags to go with it. G mags are going for $18, and M&P’s are $28. I love this dilemma.

Feedback Score
    If I had to choose just one, it would be the Glock. I have both.

My Glock 19 is my every day carry. The 9L stays at home and comes out for playing around with at the range. While I love the ergos of the 9L, I am not 100% confident in it's ability to function. Out of the box I had a lot of short-cycling failures to eject, ostensibly caused by the fact that S&W uses (or at least used initially) the same recoil spring in it as they do the 4-inch 9mm.

The heavier slide of the 9L doesn't need that heavy of a spring. When I substituted a stainless non-captive guide rod and a lighter 13# spring, it began functioning flawlessly.

Thus far I only have about 100rds through the 9L since swapping the spring out. If it functions reliably for another 200-300rds I will consider it GTG. My Glock, on the other hand, has never failed to operate. 100% flawless with upwards of 3,000 rds through it to date.

Feedback Score
    The only problem with going with the m&p9L for production is that it hasn't been put on the approved list yet, so you won't be able to shoot it (in prod.) right away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BB01 View Post
    The only problem with going with the m&p9L for production is that it hasn't been put on the approved list yet, so you won't be able to shoot it (in prod.) right away.
    Shhhh.... Just don't tell the RSO that.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    GotM4, What causes you to dislike Gen 3 G19s?

The finger grooves don't match my hand. With fullsize Glocks I don't have this problem. The 9L and Pro should be approved for Production before the end of the year.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    voted M&P(prefer them to the Glock overall)...

but if its going to be used for EDC(CC),the G19 would probably be the better way to go than the full size/long.

ToddG Guest
    I voted for the G19 because it sounds like, between the two, it's the one that will serve your immediate needs best.

If I were choosing for myself, it would have been the M&P9L in a heartbeat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast