Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: all steel, full size gov't model 1911 for EDC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I currently carry a Wilson Combat XTac Elite Carry Comp in a 5Shot IBS with a Mean Gene belt. I don’t even notice it’s weight. It is a 4 inch with 1/2 inch single chamber comp. It fits in any government size holster.

Feedback Score
    A good belt and a solid holster is key to FS 1911 carry.

I like TTGunleather rigs for my 1911 carry followed closely by Milt Sparks.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I often carry my Springfield pro on weekends. Otherwise I carry a j frame. Unless you are carrying something super light and low drama like a j-frame I figure you might as well be carrying a full size gun that puts the biggest holes in the most consistent groups.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Bravo Concealment Kydex and Aeres belt- comfortable carry of a 5" gun.

Cheating with the gun- Alloy frame 9mm is 1/2 # lighter than steel frame. (:

Feedback Score
    Not now, but someday. I'm just getting back into 1911's after a 30 year hiatus. Getting older makes me appreciate the finer firearms in life. I'm reaching the point where I'm just not going to buy anymore plastic guns.

I still live in suburbia as the wife and I still work a lot. We live in a part of the country where it never really gets cold enough to wear thick clothing that will hide a 1911. So... My P-C Shield 9, or my Scandium/Titanium J-frame alternate most of the duty.

When I retire and we move to the hills, then yes, I'll be carrying the Wilson 1911 that I get for retirement, or one of the other ones I pick up over the next 10 years.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I often carry my Springfield pro on weekends. Otherwise I carry a j frame. Unless you are carrying something super light and low drama like a j-frame I figure you might as well be carrying a full size gun that puts the biggest holes in the most consistent groups.
    Keeping it real with the old the school approach. Good for you.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I did for a couple of years. The 5 inch barrel tore holes in my pants when carrying IWB and sitting. I always felt it there. I never forgot I was carrying. The hammer would dig into my belly fat unless I had iwb holsters with full sweat shíelds. I thought that was normal until I got a subcompact.
    Last edited by wtm75; 06-23-18 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    I carry 1911's in the winter on occasion. I'm looking for someone who can Nitride the pistols so they at least have a durable finish.

Feedback Score
    Baer UTC or Wilson CQB Elite in either a Kramer or Galco "Avenger" style holster with Wilderness Tactical or Ares belt. Single pouch reload with a loose mag in a pocket. J-frame for other occasions that I can't make this combo work. Not sure why but, for me this combo is by far the most comfortable carry even against the lighter weight of my poly guns.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Drift View Post
    Les Baer Custom Carry, everyday.

Ed Brown on Sundays.
    Picked up a Custom Carry and it's a beast. Love it, grabbed a leather lined Garrett and a Richie holster for it and will join Thursday night IDPA for a while as I get use to it (Glocks exclusively before LB CC).

Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I carry 1911's in the winter on occasion. I'm looking for someone who can Nitride the pistols so they at least have a durable finish.
    Going to send mine off to Birdsong for Black T after the blueing starts wearing off. Warrantied forever I believe and reasonable priced for complete Handgun and 2/mags.
    Last edited by ndmiller; 07-24-18 at 21:11.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast